Hiya from N.E.Florida

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

DeeDee

Hiya all... i was invited here by a friend.. I love to garden and I am a ADDICTED to Brugmansias, hope someone here grows them also... along with Irochromas.... i also do lots of bulbs and annuals,, I live in zone 9/10.. I see some friends here already...

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi DeeDee
Welcome, I know you from another site, great to see more friends joining us.
Hope to see you around more. I'm in zone 5 so don't grow brugs but I'm sure someone in the warmers zones do.

woodstock

welcome to the group.......the greenhouse I used to work in had lots of brugs....they sure are pretty......

flwrs4ever

Hi DeeDee, I grow Brugs, and always enjoy seeing your pics ...do you have any new ones from this summer or fall ??

Welcome to the site !

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dee has plenty of breathtaking brug photos. They are so lovely, she has taught me and others alot about brugmansias and other plants.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deedee has shared some brug cuttings with me and I'm happy to say I had a couple of them to root and bloom for me this past year.
Welcome Dee, glad you joined us. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Gardengoddess

Hi DeeDee,

I grew brugs in Oregon. Had to bring them in for the winter but they came back quite nicely :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deedee has shared some brug cuttings with me and I'm happy to say I had a couple of them to root and bloom for me this past year.
Welcome Dee, glad you joined us. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Gloria you are so right, Dee has shared with lots of folks me included. She got me hooked on iochromas as well.

M

Mari-Jo

DeeDee.........Welcome.........Look forward in seeing some of your Brugs....and any info you can share on them. Enjoy!

Scarez

I am a ADDICTED to Brugmansias, hope someone here grows them also... along with Irochromas....

Hi DeeDee, and welcome from me too!
I have to admit, I don't know either of those names, are they flowers?

e228ec6c.gif

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kath, Treva sent me a brugmansia and I planted it right in back of the back porch. David got a bit over zealous and pulled it out with some weeds, but I saw him working there. I managed to find it in all the stuff he pulled out and I replanted it on the west end of the porch. It survived, but lost all its leaves in the early fall. So we may be too cold for one to do well. Springtime will tell me if that is the case.

DizzyDaff

DD!

Hiya DD! You made it! :D Good to see ya!
PLEASE post some of your pics of the I & Brugs???!!! They are SO gorgeous!

Dor

Hi Dee. I joined today. Dee got me hooked on Brugs too.

I have some cuttings rooting right now courtesy of some of my gardening buds. I am finally getting the nack for rooting.

oremudpie

DeeDee
Hello from salem oregon..l have a small yard but volunteer at near by Oregon Gardens in Silverton so spend most of one day week playing there flower beds and veg garden..
Look forward to chatting with you soon
melanie aka oremudpie

Spider_Lily

Hi DeeDee glad to meet a new friend.I have a few brugs.I was out yesterday looking around.Some of the brugs are already coming back with little green leaves.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Melanie, there used to be another lady that checked in on GG about 6 or 7 years ago that also volunteered at The Oregon Garden. She lived in Silverton, but she didn't post that much, so I don't remember her name.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com