Home Depot Sale

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

palmettogal

Their 1 gallon annuals were on sale for $1.50! Couldn't pass that up. I spent the better part of my day on Saturday planting at my daughter's house. The previous homeowner (who I knew well) had removed every shrub and tree from the front of the property some years ago so the place was barren. We planted shrubs, put down mulch, planted some gifted lilies from the next door neighbor and all the annuals I had bought plus some caladiums I bought for her last week. Blessedly, a brief rain shower came through and I planted right on through the rain.

I can't remember all HD had...but know there was vinca, red salvia, zinnia, begonia, marigolds, and shade/part shade selections as well. Great for instant color on a blank canvas!

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was a great deal!!!!

For Home Depot if you go online and register to get their newsletter they will send you a $5 off $50 order. Got my coupon in the mail Saturday.

Dor

I hope I get mine today Dale. I need to buy a filter for my refigerator and some other thing what will put my purchase over $50.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dor I buy my filters for my refrigerator online and they are about half price when a buy a few at the time. Would you like me to help you locate an online company to purchase them from? Let me know the model info and I will be glad to help you.

Are you feeling better Dor? I have to work a few hours today at the appliance store, so I will check back later.

Dor

Yes, Dale thank you I am finally feeling better. It was rough going there for a good 3 weeks. I don't know what was wrong. The Z pack knocked it out.

Yes I would like you to help me find a company online. I have a GE and I will get the model # for you later.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Their 1 gallon annuals were on sale for $1.50! Couldn't pass that up. I spent the better part of my day on Saturday planting at my daughter's house. The previous homeowner (who I knew well) had removed every shrub and tree from the front of the property some years ago so the place was barren. We planted shrubs, put down mulch, planted some gifted lilies from the next door neighbor and all the annuals I had bought plus some caladiums I bought for her last week. Blessedly, a brief rain shower came through and I planted right on through the rain.

I can't remember all HD had...but know there was vinca, red salvia, zinnia, begonia, marigolds, and shade/part shade selections as well. Great for instant color on a blank canvas!

OH !!! What fun you must have had...along with the hard work of course...Any pictures?...Would love to see the yard...

Dor

Sorry I took so long Dale. My son has been working on my yard. My model # is GSL25JFTFBS.

palmettogal

F4Y...we didn't take pictures but I really should have done some "before" and "afters". We still have a ways to go to get it completed. I'm just happy to see it raining here because, God love her, I think "watering" is a foreign concept for my daughter. I told her after I got done that if I came over and everything was laying down dead I was going to be very angry. She said, "who is going to run over anything?" DUH! Her neighbor says he will keep a watchful eye out and try to keep them from killing everything.

Dor

F4Y...we didn't take pictures but I really should have done some "before" and "afters". We still have a ways to go to get it completed. I'm just happy to see it raining here because, God love her, I think "watering" is a foreign concept for my daughter. I told her after I got done that if I came over and everything was laying down dead I was going to be very angry. She said, "who is going to run over anything?" DUH! Her neighbor says he will keep a watchful eye out and try to keep them from killing everything.

Palmettogal, I wonder if no watering is something daughters do. I planted cannas, and calla lillies in my daughters backyard last year and they only got water when it rained, when I went over, or when her ex came over and ran the sprinkler on the grass. I bought 3 small 1 gallon roses at a sale and they all died because she didn't water them in the dead of summer last year until I could or she could plant them. I planted lemon cucumbers, banana peppers and something else I can't remember right now and rushed to the backyard last week. I asked if she has watered them. She asked what for with all this rain? The rain had been gone a week. The pepper had little ones on it and I baby mine and didn't have any and she was neglecting hers and had peppers? I have to take care of two gardens.

Last edited:

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
LOL...I wonder about our kids...they watch us as they are growing up and know the plants need water...yet it is the same with my daughter..."Oh was I to do that"...OY...well maybe the next time you are over snap a few views .....and I am also glad you have rain ...;)

palmettogal

Well...I must confess that yesterday I googled her address and got a satellite image of her house up close and personal. Looked like an image from last year when their lawn was dry (again, no watering) and any curb appeal was non-existent. I copied the link and sent it to her by email with this message, "here is a prime example of WHY you need to keep your lawn, shrubs, plants and flowers watered properly at all times and, while you're at it, cut the porch lights OFF in the daytime." Her neighbors on both sides and across the street have beautifully landscaped yards. You could move the image left and right to see what was happening on either side. I thought it was funny.

Gardengoddess

In defense of daughers....I know mine is busier than a one-armed paper hanger with an itch. I don't know how she keeps up. She really does try but she's got so much going on it isn't funny. She is growing her first veg garden this year and is learning alot lol! I gave her some of my potted plants when we had to move last year as the movers wouldn't take plants and I could only fit so many in my car. When I would come to visit she would flat out tell me NOT to look at my plants lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Dor

In defense of daughers....I know mine is busier than a one-armed paper hanger with an itch. I don't know how she keeps up. She really does try but she's got so much going on it isn't funny. She is growing her first veg garden this year and is learning alot lol! I gave her some of my potted plants when we had to move last year as the movers wouldn't take plants and I could only fit so many in my car. When I would come to visit she would flat out tell me NOT to look at my plants lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

I know they are very busy being career womena and taking care of their young family's Dora thats why I help as much as I can. I tell my two grands that they must water the plants. They love to do it, they are eight and three years old but they haven't done it either.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com