Hosta holes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

C

cverhoeven

Help! In late Aug. thru Sept my hostas are riddled with irregular holes! I have tried many insecticides NO help. Could this be slugs, only in Aug and Sept? This has happened 3 years now. I'm in the midwest.

Jade

I would guess it is slugs, try putting some crushed up egg shells around your plants, apparently they slice the slugs all to pieces.

Annette99

Does sound like slugs, I use ortho slug bait, for me it is the cleanest way and I don't have to deal with the dead slugs., there are many ways to discourage slugs, diatomaceous earth, beer in saucers will drown them, putting a flat board down and picking them up from under the board each day, sprinkle salt on them, copper foil around the plants, best of luck.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com