hosta photos

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

great looking hosta , I have a few and would like to add them to my shade garden how does the Orange Marmalade do in the shade will it keep its color or become all green ? will it get real big ?
Thanks for your help

I think that orange marmalade will do great in filtered shade. I have mine in west sun and I am not sure it it is thriled. It is a beauty though.

I think I need to dig mine and move them. I thought they would like it where I put them under the oak tree but they are not doing well.:(

I absolutely love hostas but don't have the shade/part sun they require. They are such beautiful plants! Maybe one day the trees we planted will provide enough shade to enable me to have a few of my own so I can quit drooling over yours!

I only have a small patch of shade it makes it hard to plant some of the shade plants that I really like

It bewilders me that I read that hostas are shade "tolerant", which means that they love sun, but whereever I go to buy them they say plant them in shade??? I know that mine get sun sometime during the day. The colors in them change depending on where they are planted. My mom planted the idea in my mind when I was very young that Hostas and geraniums were yucky. Now I love them both. She still is a wierdo, ha.

Alot of my hostas get 4-6 hrs of sun a day when we do have sun.
I've had some in full sun and they have done ok for me but my sun is not as hot as some of you

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back