hosta photos

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jade

I thought it would be fun for all of us having an addiction to Hostas to start a new thread. This is my first attempt at posting photos here, so bear with me.
This first one is Orange Marmalade the second one is Sagae.

Attachments

• 2008-2009 270.jpg
    2008-2009 270.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 2008-2009 271.jpg
    2008-2009 271.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 322

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to get a June one. I mentioned it to my nurse at work and she thinks that she has them so will be going to her home some weekend to check it out.
I noticed the other night that a couple of my hostas are gone. The darn deer ate them.....

Jade

My June are all new Mainey, or I would send you one. She is phenomenal in full shade (we don't have much shade yet), she is also lovely in part sun.

Kya D

Don't ya just love hostas!!!! I have probably 4 doz different ones and they are all so pretty and hardy.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Jade.
Kya
Would love to see pics of your hostas. I have lots of hostas but only a few different kinds

Kya D

Oh Laurie I am so electronically challanged that I am not sure if I could load them.
My computer is so old that I don't think it has a port for me to download the pics.
I could email you some pics and you could post them.

Jade

I was lucky to get those few photos yesterday. Now my camera is down for the count again. It was a 700 dollar camera. Thankfully hubby found out that it has a history of problems and canon is recalling them to fix them for free, they even pay the shipping. It takes incredible pictures, and I have been so frustrated with it lately. We have two other digital cameras floating around, they are both very old and cheap, but will have to do until this one is fixed.

Wombat

Hmmm I don't have a single hosta at my place, maybe I should check out if they grow in my climate and see what this ''addiction thing'' is all about:)

Kya D

Wombat they need shade mostly but they grow zones 3 to 8 as far as I can find.
They are really pretty and carefree

Wombat

Thanks for the info Kya:) I think I'm in US zone 9-10.....I'm sort of on the borderline, perhaps the high humidity in those zones affects them? I do have plenty of shady areas though.....

Kya D

Zone 9 what were you thinking when you moved there I mean I live in zone 4-5
We get -20 degrees in the winter. I guess misery loves company

Wombat

It was cheaper for a house and I don't like cold winters:D That was the first couple of reasons lol, plus I can grow a lot of tropical plants........-20F? in winter?:eek: All we get is frost.....:)

myfedora

2 unknown hostas

These are 2 of my hostas. I have another one that is full sun but won't quit raining long enough for me to get a picture.

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 281
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 274

dragonfly6

I am back

Just wrote a big message and lost it. Oh well!! Hi all. How big can pics be? I am a hostaholic and a daylilyholic and an irisholic. BEV:rolleyes:

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going with my mom after work tomorrow and digging up an elephant ear hosta that a friend of hers wants to get rid of. I don't have one and free is good.

myfedora

Full Sun Hosta

This is pictures of my full sun hosta and the blooms.

Attachments

• fshosta.jpg
    fshosta.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 283
  • hbloom.jpg
    hbloom.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 287

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com