House Plants ???

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

kimberly35w

Someone gave me a house plant, it has three different types of plants. I do not do well with indoor plants, how often should I water them, I don't want to kill them. Is there anything else I can do to help them?

Desperate
Kimberly:(

Hi Kim, do you know what kind of plants they are ? could you post a picture it would also help, until you find out what they are and how to care for them I would only water when there dry. sorry I can't be more help

Hi Kimberly
I am glad to see you have found this site.
There are some pretty plant smart people here.
Like Bear said we could use a little more info.
What kind of plants are they, are they in full sun or in a shadey place in your house, some plants are VERY easy to keep healthy and some are a little more picky.
Welcome to our group.

The only indoor plants I go with are flower pots and fir trees. Fir trees are very easy. Just water every other day occasionally add some nutrients to the water.

I would need to know more about your plants to advise you though. Any idea what plant type they are? Without proper care they will die though so if you want to keep them I suggest you work to find the answer. Plants need more than just water. Their soil might have some nutrients to last a while but will eventually run out.

Hi, Kim ~ I don't know where you live but in the winter, some folks get VERY dry air. It makes a big difference in how much and when I water them and where the light is coming from. Close to a cold window or near a warm window? If someone's eyes are 'dry' the plant is probably dry, too. (That's was real scientific....) I have some houseplants but I canNOT get an African violet to grow. A photo would be good or just tell us --- do they bloom or just green leafy ones? Someone on here will know :) Welcome ! Curbie :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back