How do you cook skinless boneless chicken breasts?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wife baked a pan full of chicken a couple of days ago, and I had the last bit of that today for lunch. She took some crushed pineapple and put over the chicken and served it that way. In putting away the leftovers, she put a couple of pieces of chicken in a dish on top of some leftover broccoli. Some of that crushed pineapple got down into the broccoli and it tasted pretty good. I thought that might be a pretty good combination to make a rather boring flavor of broccoli and give it a little zip with some pineapple. Then my mind started wandering and I wondered how a little grated ginger might make broccoli taste.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of Chicken Breasts, I saw something I'd never seen before at Sams Club last night. (But then again, as I mentioned elsewhere, I'm no chef...)

They had canned chicken breasts. It turns out that they're apparently chicken breast chunks, for use in things like soup, chicken & biscuits, and pasta etc. but the rather large can simply said "Chicken Breasts". That one caught me by surprise.

Sams Club is the walmart version of Costco and they sell quite a bit of commercial and resteraunt food supplies. These big cans were probably intended for commercial kitchens.

Last edited:

richnkim

Costco has canned chicken breast chuncks. I use it sometimes to make chicken salad sandwiches. It is pretty good when you aren't in the mood for tuna.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Costco has canned chicken breast chuncks. I use it sometimes to make chicken salad sandwiches. It is pretty good when you aren't in the mood for tuna.

Costco and Sams Club are nearly identical. They each carry a slightly different selection of items, but they're so much alike you have a hard time telling which one you were at once you're inside.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not going to make them tomorrow, but I do want to make some chicken enchiladas pretty soon. I buy the bags of frozen chicken breasts at CostCo and take out what I need. I don't worry much about time though as on Friday, the day is pretty well dedicated to fixing dinner. I'm not trying to do 10 different things. But I have been getting better about getting four or five menu items ready at about the same time. I don't do multi-tasking very well.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to make them tomorrow, but I do want to make some chicken enchiladas pretty soon. I buy the bags of frozen chicken breasts at CostCo and take out what I need..

I use those all the time, and like them. I'd just never seen the canned ones before.

Wombat

Geez Bob I've never even heard of them let alone seen them lol.
Laurie I usually make Chicken Kiev, it's not a slimmers meal but it's certainly yummy!

prettylady

We eat lots of chicken. I get it at the Tyson store. A case of 20lbs for $25.
I fix it lots of different ways... I cut the chicken breast in half to make thinner and marinate it with Italian dressing and salt and pepper and grill.
I do lots of different stri fries with chicken.
I quite often fix sweet and sour chicken and serve with brown rice...cut in 1" chunks, soak in soy, roll in beaten egg, dip in corn starch, fry in stir fry pan in olive oil.. sit that in bowl and take most all oil out of pan but maybe a couple of tablespoons... I stir fry bell pepper, onion, pineapple chunks. Use pineapple juice for the base of sweet and sour sauce... Mix it all together..pour sweet and sour sauce over it. Then serve with brown rice...
Peggy

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
That sounds good. That's usually what my wife orders when we go out to the "Lucky Fortune".

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes that does sound good Peggy. I'll have to make sure I have all the stuff and make it this week. Thanks and thanks to everyone else too, have some good ideas on ways to cook it.
Too much cholesterol and sodium in the frozen chicken breasts I bought so I don't buy frozen ones anymore. Never checked the label before buying them. Buy the fresh when it's on sale and freeze it.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com