How do you cook skinless boneless chicken breasts?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking for some different ways to cook skinless boneless chicken breasts. Would love to have your recipes on how you cook yours.
Thanks everyone

I was actually thinking about making Lemon Chicken tonight for dinner.

I make a marinade out of lemon juice and a little oil with some lemon pepper and some garlic. I let the boneless skinless chicken breast sit in the marinade for about 2 hours. It helps to cook the chicken a little. Then I grill it for about 4 minutes on each side over low to medium heat. It is really good with grilled asparagus., with a little lemon juice squeezed over it, and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.

I don't cook the skinless chicken breast too often but I marinate my chicken in Italian dressing, and a little worchester sauce. You can add some garlic gloves, teriyaka or other sauce and let it marinade a couple of hours and bake or grill. Delicous. I like the skin on and remove it after cooking.

Chicken breast is my least favorite part of a chicken because it is so dry. But it is the best part of a chicken for making chicken salad. And a few other things. When I cook it for those things I use moisture with it, either boiled adding flavors to the water or cooked in a crock pot with moisture added.

Laurie, I saw Robin Miller on the food network the other day cut the breasts into strips, then mix up some parmesan cheese and quick-cooking oatmeal for breading the strips. Dip in some whipped egg first with salt and pepper. Then bake the strips in a moderate oven. Then she made up a dip for the chicken strips out of sour cream, Dijon mustard and some honey. But around here, the family would probably just use ranch dressing for dipping.

I make a mix of spices ala "blackened", sear them on each side in a very hot cast iron pan
then bake them for 20-30mins. at 400° on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.

I used a new roasting rub (for beef) from McCormick on a chicken that I cooked in my Baby George rotisserie and it is delicious. I'm sure it will be good on the breast and cooked in the oven. I picked it up by mistake and now I'm glad I did. It is made from cracked black peppercorns, salt, garlic, spices and herbs including rosemary and crushed red peppers. I think it will be good on any kind of meats.

These are two of my favorites.

CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS OVER PASTA

1# Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
(cut in bite size pieces)

Marinate chicken for 1/2 hour in:
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Wine
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Corn Starch

Steam asparagus till just about done.
Brown chicken.
Optional, Add:
2 Tsp Black Bean Sauce. Saute' a minuet or so.
Add:
1 Tbsp Corn Starch mixed in 1 C Chicken Broth.
Add asparagus and cook till thicken.
Serve over pasta.

HONG KONG CHICKEN

3 Chicken Skinless Boneless Breasts
1 Green Pepper
I Onion
1 Sm Can Bamboo Shoots
1 Tsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Grated Ginger
2 Tbsp Garlic minced
1/2 C Cashews

Cut Chicken Pepper and Onion into 1" Cubes
Marinate chicken for 10 to 15 minutes in:
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sherry
2 Tbsp Sugar
1-1/2 tsp Salt
1-1/2 Tsp Ginger, grated
1-1/2 Tsp Garlic, minced

Heat 1 Tbsp Oil in skillet. Stir fry chicken until golden brown. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean. Heat 2 Tbsp oil, add green pepper, onion and bamboo shoots. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Add left over marinate plus sugar, honey, ginger, garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Just before serving add cashews.
Serve with rice.

Barbecued Chicken in the oven

Cut and chop; 1/2 cup onion & 1/4 cup celery, put in casserole dish & add the following; 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup water, 2 TBLS. lemon juice,1 TBLS. brown sugar, 1 TBLS. A1 or worcestershire sauce, 1TBLS cider vinegar, 1 TBLS. mustard, mix well. Add2-3 lbs chicken and mix to coat with sauce. Bake 325* 1 1/4 hours, I mix it around once while baking to recoat chicken. this is great served with rice and a mixed vegetable.

I marinate my chicken breast in Dale's steak sauce then grill them their so good.You can add bbq sauce while grilling also males a great BBQ sandwich or with rice.

The other day I put them in the crockpot with sliced onions, fresh sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, pepper, and cream of chicken soup (undiluted). Sprinkled the top with paprika, put the crock pot on low, and let them do their thing.

Dip chicken breast in melted margarine/spread. Roll in crushed cornflakes, salt and pepper, back on wire rack in oven at 350 for about 25 minutes. Turn over after 15 minutes of baking.

I like to make a pocekt with a knife from the side so it opens like a book. But don't slit it end to end just make a pocket leaving the ends attached. then fill it with what ever you like. We do hard salami folded then fill with cheese. Sometimes I do fresh chopped veggies with cheese, or you can stuff with homemade chunky salsa and the cover with salsa and bake topped with cheese. Cheese crab meat is great too or crab stuffing. ( Laurie Lobster for you) You can stuff it with stove top stuffing or a rice mix. It cooks faster because it is split so watch your time it varies depending on what you stuff it with.

I started thinking about this one as soon as I saw this thread. I just had to find the recipe. I love them. I take boneless, skinless, chicken breast cut in strips, or I buy the tenders at Costco. Mix together crushed tortilla chips, some garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper and onion powder. Set aside. Mix 1 egg with about 3 T. hot sauce and a little water. Dip the chicken in a little flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the chip mixture. I put them on a baking rack sprayed with cooking spray, that I put on have put on a jelly roll pan. Bake them in a hot oven about 450 degrees for about 6 minutes. When they are thin they cook fast. Good on salads or sometimes I pound the chicken breast thin and do the same thing and use them on sandwiches, with some cilantro mayo.

all I do is marinate in red wine and a large sliced onion and a few clove of garlic over night then grill, I can live off of chicken :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back