How to Grow Leeks From Seed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

justin249

cc.png

Leek plants are exceptionally hardy, and they are generally trouble-free, the best of all they can provide beautiful long stems from autumn right the way through to spring at a time when other harvests are thin on the ground.
Actually Leeks are very hardy vegetables, which in most regions will safely sit through frost and snow to be lifted as needed. You can prolong the harvest period by selecting a combine of varieties. Early season leeks are less hardy but will be ready for autumn, while mid and late season leeks will give you smooth stems for winter and spring.

To read more visit https://growplantseed.com/how-to-grow-leeks-from-seed/

Great article. I love leeks! I wish I'd had the foresight to plant more. Leek and chicken is a great combination - a nice risotto with some boneless chicken thighs and peas If you're willing to give potato and leek soup another go, try this potato leek soup recipe. It's very good.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back