How To Remove a Tree Stump

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Stump Eraser

Removing a tree stump can be a bit of a task. So the team here at Stump Eraser have made this handy guide for Gardenforums.com!

If you are looking to remove a tree stump the best way to do it yourself is by removing it by hand. The method we're going to recommend is best for smaller stumps or stumps from an old or diseased tree.

You'll need the right tools for the job, so make sure you have a chainsaw or climbing saw, a pickaxe, a shovel, a digging bar as well as a normal axe and if all else fails a four-wheel-drive vehicle and a chain.

With that out of the way here's the guide...

1. Remove the top portion of the trunk but leave a bit left over for leverage.

2. Use your shovel, pick and digging bar to reveal the roots around the stump.

3. Use a hose to wash away some dirt/

4. Cut the major roots off the stump with an axe.

5. Slowly push up the stump so more roots are exposed and continue to push them away until the setup is uprooted. If you can't do it by hand wrap the chain around the setup and try slowly pulling it with the four-wheel-drive vehicle.

While this is a fairly simple guide to removing a stump it should be enough guidance to get it out of your garden! If all else fails it's best to contact a local expert to do it for you.

jindas34

I use shears to cut small branches, however, for a tree stump, you may need a heavy machine to perform this task. I also use trowels in order to maintain my garden. They are also good.

fishycomics

Watched a city work team come down and chop a tree. then come back and chop at the trunk, and then come back and planted a tree, all over time, without disturbing the sidewalk. they did a mighty fine job, for free, or paid already in the taxes we give.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com