Howdy from the corny state of Iowa

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gardengoddess

Hi everyone!

Wow I see a lot of familiar names/faces around here.

I used to live in Oregon but moved in June to Iowa because of a job transfer. So far we like it here. We had our first snowfall this past Saturday.

I live with my fiance' Bob in Granger IA. We live with our two furbabies, a mixed breed dog named Jessie and a housecat named Gizmo.

I have three grown children, Bill 23, Elizabeth 22, and Jacob 21. I have a 2.5 year old grandson who is Elizabeth's son. They all live back in Oregon but I get to fly back frequently to see them.

I am in my last year of graduate school at Oregon State. I am studying Org Develoment/Adult education and training. I can't tell you how excited I am to be finishing this June.

Right now I don't have to much of a garden although I have an acre to create a garden. Last summer's garden was all in containers because I got to Iowa to late to start anything in the ground. I already have my basement "grow operation" in the planning stages so hopefully I will have plants to get me going in the Spring.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dora
So glad you joined us. It sure is nice seeing old friends again and having a place to hang out all together. I think this site is going to be a great place once it's all up and running.
Hope to see you around. Say hi to Bob
Enjoy that snow, we haven't had any yet but it's coming. We are getting rain today but inland is getting snow

Gardengoddess

Welp I don't think you get much more inland than Iowa lol! I've never lived this far from the ocean before. I am amazed by all the water around us though. We've got rivers and lakes and streams all over the place.

One thing that is very different is there is (so far) much more sunshine than in Oregon. It's weird to have to bundle up and then put on sunglasses lol! I love it!

Dora/Garden Goddess

M

Mari-Jo

Hi Gardengoddess.................I know I have seen your name before some time back...........looking forward in seeing you around the forum:)

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow look at all the people coming in that I talked to before. How very much like home this is getting to be.

swindy

Hi gardengoddes it is so good to see you here. I bet that big yellow thing in the sky had you worried when you first moved to Iowa lol. I lived in the portland area (Lake Oswego)for a couple of years. I loved almost everything about the area but I couldn't take the weather. See you around the threads.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Hello Dora...SO you and Bob are all moved I take it....You enjoy the good life?...Hope you will have pictures of your new place to post...

Gardengoddess

Hello Dora...SO you and Bob are all moved I take it....You enjoy the good life?...Hope you will have pictures of your new place to post...

Hey Debe!

I don't know know how I missed it was you lol! I'm a doink sometimes. Anywho, yes Bob and I are all moved. Slowly but surely getting settled. We are all unpacked but the work of make the new home our own in continuous :)

I have set up an album under my profile with pics of my new home. I'm not sure how to share it other than to let folks know it's out there. Let me know if you can't find it. In the mean time here's a couple of outside shots :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 327

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
WOW how beautiful....If you go to the Quick links and click there is a drop down menu...then Pictures and Albums...clcik and I do think that is where our photo albums are...I am off to go take a lookie...Am so glad you two had a good move....sad though that we were not all able to get together before your move...seems the get together was too long ago ...and No problem on not knowing it was me...Guess I shouldhave kept them old name...but....no one understood it...LOL

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
well fiddle...that is incorrect information on the album...mine it there but I don't see yours...off to look at your profile page ...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com