Hydrangea ?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

My hydrangea (only one of them) has been in full bloom for the last month or more and someone told me today that when they bloomed out of season like mine are that they won't bloom in the spring. Is this true? Mine has never bloomed like this before not even in the spring. It has had blooms all summer but only 5 or 6 at a time. About a month ago it started blooming like crazy and has between 20 to 30 blooms constanly. The leaves are not pretty as they are turning and beginning to fall off. So what do you think will they bloom in the spring? Oh and it's the Endless Summer hydrangea.

swindy

Maggie I remember 1 of my hydrangers blooming in the fall and it also bloomed the following spring. It might have something to do with the weird weather we have had this summer. or just a fluk. Enjoy your blooms and don't worry about it.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have not heard that. Unseasonable weather will have effects on how a plant blooms. When I had Hydranegas they bloomer spring through fall. Might be a wives tale.

Spider_Lily

My hydranger's bloom in the Spring and have a late fall showing too.I think they will bloom again in Spring for you.:)

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
also think you will get bloom in spring...I don't know what mine was in CA...but it actually bloomed starting in spring and all the way through Nov....I just kept dead heading...come to think of it my two here do the same thing ...just smaller plants

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com