I am from South Carolina

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Haven't had a chance to say welcome Dale. Think I saw you around on another forum somewhere in the past:eek:) Hoping to get to know you better here. Some of these folks are already like family to me, and a great family it is!!!

Happy New Year to all of you from Texas!!!

Froglady thanks for the welcome. Do you go by another name on another group. Blessings to you.

Dale
Hi i'm a friend of Debe's and sorta neighbor she lives a bit east of us..Its nice to meet you...I agree with you digging in the dirt is the best therapy there is...
Have a happy new year.
melanie

Welcome Dale. I too am new here, just haven't had time to get on here. I know some of the folks here and they are special people.
Ca.mamahen aka roses 4 you or June

Welcome Dale. I too am new here, just haven't had time to get on here. I know some of the folks here and they are special people.
Ca.mamahen aka roses 4 you or June

Nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome.

Dale, Dale, Dale

You just can't resist being your old outgoing self, can you? I hope your Christmas was Merry. We made a surprise trip north to visit my family and visited Longwood on the day after. I'm working on an album here so others can enjoy the show.

Hi Dale, and welcome aboard!

I spent many years with my Granny & Pa in North Carolina, so I know about "Southern Cooking" from the best source! Nothing better than home-made Hushpuppies :p

Nice to meet you

You just can't resist being your old outgoing self, can you? I hope your Christmas was Merry. We made a surprise trip north to visit my family and visited Longwood on the day after. I'm working on an album here so others can enjoy the show.

Wes what can I say but when you got it flaunt it. Good to hear from you my dear friend. You know I like a show, bring it on!!!

Hi Dale, and welcome aboard!

I spent many years with my Granny & Pa in North Carolina, so I know about "Southern Cooking" from the best source! Nothing better than home-made Hushpuppies :p

Nice to meet you

Scarez thanks for the warm welcome. Sometime I will post the old sayings about how they got the name hush puppies.

I would be interested in hearing that myself. I thought I figured out how johnny cakes got their name, but I was all wet.

Tales of the hushpuppies. My favorite started in Charleston, SC the cooks would bring the food to the main house and a long the way the dogs would bark and the cooks would throw the fried corn meal to the dogs and say "hush puppy".

Makes sense to me. I have had them a time or two, but my Mom's favorite was regular skillet baked corn bread. So naturally that is also my favorite. We never had grits either, but I did try some later in life when I visited down south again. I don't think I have been there though since about '87.

Makes sense to me. I have had them a time or two, but my Mom's favorite was regular skillet baked corn bread. So naturally that is also my favorite. We never had grits either, but I did try some later in life when I visited down south again. I don't think I have been there though since about '87.

Randy we have had the cornbread discussion before. My all time favorite is fried lace cornbread. Calories galore, but oh so good.

Dale, I am SO GLAD you and Treva and Dor (and a few others keep trickling in) all made it to this great new place!
It's great here!

Show time!

Dale, So its a show you want, huh? I'm working on an album of my December 26 visit to Longwood..... I might have it presentable tonight... will let you know when when you can view it. Here's a teaser..... well, I'm not having much luck with image function.... guess you'll have to wait.

That statement on the botton looks like a quotation from Dicken's "A Christmas Carol".

That statement on the botton looks like a quotation from Dicken's "A Christmas Carol".

Yes Randy, tis so. I try to read it every year. The Dickens original story is so rich in detail and the time that is usually lost, even in the best stage renditions of the tale (I hated George C Scott's rendition of Scrooge.... he murdered the character totally).

Dale.... the show is now ready for viewing... it can be found in my user profile, right hand side.

Dale, So its a show you want, huh? I'm working on an album of my December 26 visit to Longwood..... I might have it presentable tonight... will let you know when when you can view it. Here's a teaser..... well, I'm not having much luck with image function.... guess you'll have to wait.

Wes you know me!!!! I am waiting for the show, hehehehe. Inquiring minds want to know.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back