I am looking for Cajun Hibiscus!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Treva

I saw a Cajun Hibiscus bloom today:p, and now I have to have one!!!!!:eek:
Please if anyone has cuttings to share I will trade anything I have to trade!!!:D

I was curious about this, never heard of it before. I Googled it and found some pitures and other info on it. Looks good but will not survive in my area ...

Kya D

But the persimmon one is sold out. DANG THE LUCK
Do you fancy any others?
The plants must be kinda small on that site cuz the prices are good and the shipping is 6.00 for three plants.

Treva

Ohhhhhh...... do I Fancy others????
Like a kid in the Candy Store! :eek:LOL
I have my eye on alot of them, should I say ALL of them!!!!
I am intriqued by the black dragon, but I think my husband wants me to quit looking its as if I am obsessed...and you know what happens when I become obsessed with a plant! LOL ie. over 200 adeniums!!! LOL
I also have 125 new variety of seed heading my way....but I am really thinking I want to add all the cajun hibiscus to my collection!!!!! LOL

Would you call me a plantaholic???:p
But the persimmon one is sold out. DANG THE LUCK
Do you fancy any others?
The plants must be kinda small on that site cuz the prices are good and the shipping is 6.00 for three plants.

Blueaussi

I'm already overwintering a hibiscus for a friend who's going to be traveling a lot this winter, so I'm going to have to wait until spring.

Hmmm, although, if they're not too big I could probably keep them on the seed starting rack and use florescent lights on them. Well, no, I can't, can I, cause I already have trouble fitting all the seeds I start on that rack. Well...dang.

Treva

Wow I forgot about this thread!
Well since I started it I have bought 18 cajun Hibiscus starts from Dupont Nursery....Well I now have my first blooms! I am so excited!!!!

This is rum rascal
DSCN6239.jpg

Filet Gumbo
DSCN6238.jpg

Evangeline
DSCN6234.jpg

Creole Lady
DSCN6230.jpg

Eye of Kali
DSCN6225.jpg

DSCN6246.jpg

More to come soon....:D

Treva

Thank You Kya!
i am really hooked on these now! I will have to have them all!!

Why are my pictures so big??

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com