I need help with my squash and cucumbers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

That is my plan kim, if I get a bumper crop. Are you going to make some?

I have three Hybrid bush container cucumbers also. They are all on the front of the house and are all doing well.

I plan on it but my cucumbers aren't coming along as well as I would like. I might make a couple of jars at a time.

It looks like we maybe doing the same thing Kim.

I think I will be starting the Chocolate cherry, Black cherry, Black Krim and Brandywine tomatoes this month so that I can get a late crop. We have a long growing season here so I should be able to get a harvest from them.

I now have baby straight neck squash and tiny cucumbers on one plant. I can't wait to eat veggies from my own garden.

I still have pickles from last year and the cukes are blooming right now. This is the second crop I planted this year. The first died from all the rain we had.

I am going to plant some more squash and cucumber Wednesday and on the 25th. That will be my 3rd time CG. I hope that is the charm. I wish they would catch up with my tomatoes and jalapenos.

It can be such a battle. What you want to watch for with the cukes and squash is vine borers. They make a small entrace hole in the stem and will kill the entire plant. Make sure you have plenty of hot pepper spray on hand.:D

I will do it today. On a couple the vines are looking like they are broken and I was wondering what had happened to them. I don't think I will plant anymore cucumbers and zuchinni in that bed. I will plant the next ones in containers since they were the first ones and aren't doing anything.

Even will all the recent rain, my garden is producing. Have to pick the summer squash and cukes every day. Also pick on an average of 4 tomatoes from the garden. The watermelons have loads of blooms but haven't seen any fruit yet.

I saw my first cucumber about the size of my thumb this morning and a tiny canteloupe. I can't wait to eat my cucumbers and tomatoes in vinegar.

Oh that sounds good. Tomorrow we will have black olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese as a salad. Have to be gone for dinner tonight so I have to wait till tomorrow;(

We got total 4.7 inches of rain last night, so I don't know what my garden is going to do with all this water. Only time will tell.

I hope it does ok, Dale. Praying that is does.

I am getting some cucumbers, and the tomatoes are going good. I am going to have to share some soon because I am going to have to many for us to eat!

I bagged up 3 nice size bags of summer squash to give away yesterday and my sister in law is coming to get a 2 gallon bucket full of cucumbers to make pickle. I have parted with any of my tomatoes yet, but, soon and very soon I will be.

I am still waiting on my cucs but I will have to share my tomatoes and jalapenas. I noticed once of my litted straight nect squash was shrinking. What could be causing that?

I hope your garden Dale and and Gloria's pull through after all the rain you all are getting.

Dor I can't imagine what that could be. Sorry

I hope we won't get any rain in awhile to let things dry off.

I'm thinking it might be an Oregon thing, but my corn is about 10" high now and there is a saying, "knee high by the 4th of July". But it looks like I am going to make that.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back