I'm baaaaaack!!!!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bernie

OMG! I can't tell you how much I've missed you all. Our remodel will be going down in the record books as taking the longest time to complete the smallest amount of work. It took them nearly two months but they actually only worked for ten days and some were short days at that. Very frustrating but in the end I love it all. Nothing fancy but after ten years my kitchen is finally safe, clean and functional! The living room, dinning room and hallway look wonderful too. I love the new flooring as well. I can finally stop trying to scrub away stains that were left by the last owners. You'd have thought after ten years I'd have remembered which stains weren't going to come up. LOL Well they are gone forever now. Yippy! I am still working on decorating which includes stenciling the walls of my country kitchen. I must say my houseplants look wonderful against the backdrop of the newly painted walls.

Just when I thought my life had finally returned to normal my computer died or I killed it not sure which. I was truly blessed when my neighbor's friend offered to fix it. It took him a long time to get it up and running but I can’t complain because he refused to take a penny for his work. I will be making a donation to a charity he works with as a thank you. I’ve always known that this computer was my connection to the outside world but having to do with out it for nearly a month made me realize just how much it really mean to me. I’ve thought of all of you every day and I’ve kept you all in my prayers daily. I am thrilled to be back with you all and can’t wait to get caught up on what’s been going on.
My house looks wonderful, Jim is doing okay, the garden is doing well, I’ve got my computer back, I’M A HAPPY CAMPER.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had a remodel like that once. For days on end we didn't see the contractor. Once it was done though, we forgot all about the inconvenience. But I'm not sure I would like to go through that again.

woodstock

welcome back.....just went thru that loss of computer thing, and its murder not being in touch with internet loved ones.......but I was only out a week.....if it had been a month, I would of gone crazy......you just dont realize what a lifeline it is until you dont have it!

congrats on your new kitchen too!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have had a 3 week reno turn into a 3 month reno!
Things rarely turn out the way you want them to!

Im using my moms laptop since my pc died a slow death!
Time for a new one.....maybe a laptop!

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
welcome back bernie
have missed you, glad you got your home all redone and your computer fixed so now you can spend time again with us

Bernie

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. It's good to be back life is still up in the air at the moment so I'm still not able to spend as much time here as I'd like.

swindy

Welcome back Bernie I am glad your neighbor was able to fix your computer. I dread the day mine goes down but I know it's days are numbered lol.
It must be so much fun haveing the kitchen redone (I know it's not fun when it is happening) and enjoying decorating and cooking in a brand spanking new kitchen

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bernie I want to see photos. We need to start remodeling our house and I would rather take a beating.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com