Im kinda confuse.. need help

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

AshleyDominique

I received 4 single stemmed roses on Valentine's Day, and I left them in water.
The rose itself and the leaves dried up, but suprisingly, new green leaves
emerged. I was wondering if it's possible to grow a rose bush/plant from a
single stem that's blooming? If so, how can I achieve that?

zvod9x.jpg

Kya D

Yes it is,
keep changing the water and watch for roots.
BTW Welcome to the forum. Someone here will answer your question in more detail. In the meantime just jump in, relax and ENJOY

Spider_Lily

My daughter got rose's for Valentine's Day.I took some out and cut into small piece's with a couple nodes to each piece.Diped in rooting powder.Put in a pot with rich potting soil sit in shaded area.Kept watered and one rooted.This is what it look's like I had two rose's this Fall.It didn't make a large rose but it's pretty and I love the color.

Attachments

• Mom's flowers 09 009.JPG
    Mom's flowers 09 009.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 337
  • Mom's flowers 09 010.JPG
    Mom's flowers 09 010.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 351

Kya D

I have grown Blaze climber roses from cuttings too. But I wasn't sure if it was just cuz the blaze is such a hardy rose to begin with

K

Kale

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Yes you can root in water like advised,watch the roots.The only down fall I found was trying to get it adjusted to the soil after you root.. I have 2(alive still) I started in water.(outdoors in soil 2yrs now)
The stems are long and puny but they bloomed.
I drowned the others (cutting placed in soil) from florist MIL gave me a few yrs ago)
So yes, cuttings are a hit and miss that are received from a florist trying is the fun part of it. I can't wait for Valentines day I hope to be more attentive come free stem roses time!
I blew it last year totally..kept remembering when I wasn't home or able to change the water.You are pretty south of me... I would root in soil if at all possible.I root in soil place in the bright shade for a few months then come fall I plant. Or over winter them in South (against my house) and plant in early spring .
I am not certain if root hormone made a difference, only because I have not used it when I place a cutting (that roots easily in the pot with root hormone) in the ground and they nearly always take.
The Fairy is one of them, I prune and stick them in the gournd I look quite a while later and it is blooming *LOL
Now Teas and Grandifloras... worse then trying to get peppers and eggplant to grow from seed..KO are ok nothing much to write about until ...next year..Can't wait to see what they will do! I have a few :)

Please tell me about your climbing Blaze!
I have 2 maybe three (3,2 from a job I did, lady didn't even know she had them *LOL,I told her, she told me I could have them..so of course they are mine now!*LOL)
How many times are they suppose to bloom?
Is this Climbing Blaze!?
Do I have to cut it back?
Mine bloomed well 2 times and one or two blooms in late Sept.

Kale:)

Attachments

• CLBLZ09back.jpg
    CLBLZ09back.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 347

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com