Iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Irises..no pun intended.Thought I'd share a few of my blooms.

Attachments

• tn_April 17, 2009 008.JPG
    tn_April 17, 2009 008.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 309
  • tn_April 17, 2009 003.JPG
    tn_April 17, 2009 003.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 290
  • peach iris.jpg
    peach iris.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 302

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
And two more...I'll add more later as they bloom.

Attachments

• Purple iris.jpg
    Purple iris.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 312
  • tn_April 17, 2009 016.JPG
    tn_April 17, 2009 016.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 299

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Kya D and Dale. I have so many more to bloom yet. There's a special one that is blue and white that I can't wait to see a bloom this year. I had a very dark purple that looked like velvet but the electric company's crew popped the blooms off when they came out to remove a limb from the power line..I was devestated!!! LOL
A good many of my Irises were recieved from trades, the rest are a collection I ordered from Spring Hill.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love them Gloria, can't wait to see more of yours. i lost alot of mine a couple of springs ago, where I planted them got too wet in the spring and they rotted. moved the ones i saved to another spot.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was real surprised to see this wild violet growing at the base of this Iris.. now I have a thing for wild violets! They are so dainty! I've found several in my back yard and transplanted them to my flower beds.

Attachments

• violet.jpg
    violet.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 310
R

RiverRock

Just beautiful Gloria! Makes me want to come visit you..lol Well I would want to see you too not just your flowers:D

RR

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a gardening fanatic (I know I'm not alone here!!) I don't know which I'm more fond of..flowers or vegetables. One is beautiful to the eye..the other puts food on the table.

I have to say, I'm really proud of my hubby...after he has become disabled, he's as hooked as I am at gardening. He was great about the veggie garden before but now he's into flowers too! I like all flowers including wild flowers and he's always watching the woods and roadsides for anything with a bloom on it!

Dor

Gloria your irises are just beautiful. Mine are blooming for the first time. I will post some pic later.

Jade

I love Iris and may ask my Aunt and Uncle if I can come and get a few rhizomes from their big bed this year. I have a space planned for them. I am trying to stick to a budget this year and limit my spending. We are trying to make the yard as low maintenance as possible so that the mowing is easy and we don't have to do much moving around as the shade situation changes. Since the neighbor just put in Leyland Cypress I have to rethink my plan. Life goes on.

Last edited:

Bernie

I love that peach one too. Irises are one of my favorite flowers. I can't wait for mine to bloom but at the moment they are only about six inches tall and the minis are only about two inches tall. I'll have to wait a bit.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
New bloom this morning and another close up of a white one. These whites are huge!!!

Attachments

• tn_flowers 1 006.JPG
    tn_flowers 1 006.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 303
  • tn_flowers 1 037.JPG
    tn_flowers 1 037.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 306

richnkim

Oh, how beautiful! There is a place near here that grows all kinds of Irisis.

A friend of mine's, husband, dug up their Irisis and threw them away. :( I didn't know about it until to late. :( :(

JenD

Gloria, I am so jealous! I have 1 bud so far on Fire Storm, a mini. Nothing yet on any of the others. Can't wait to see more of your blooms! They are just gorgeous.

Jen

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com