Iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Oh Gloria...They are BEAUTIFUL!

Attachments

• IM0F12~1.jpg
    IM0F12~1.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 291
Thanks my friend! I'm hoping to see more blooms yet. I'll share pics as they bloom. I love showing off my pretties!!

Gorgeous!!!!

I love your iris pics. I had some yellow ones I lost last year, but fortunately I had divided them with a neighbor so she told me last nite that she is gonna give me some back because they've multiplied again this year. YAY!!! Eager to get some other colors soon, too. I keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day but I just feel like I want to take a week of vacation, and a huge loan out so I can get out there and play in my front yard. Thank goodness it's gonna be pretty this weekend. Maybe I'll get to do something toward it anyway......

I started off with one bed of Irises and now I have several, mostly from trades. I told you I was an Iris fanatic!! LOL
My very favorite blue and white hasn't bloomed yet ..it usually blooms twice a year and always gives me a bloom in December so it maybe a while yet before it blooms again.
Irises are so easy to care for, I just love the beautiful blooms and year round greenery. Having mild winters here, they don't die back and I don't have to dig them up in the fall. It took about 3 years to get divisions and plant several beds but they're doing nicely now.

I love them too Gloria. I got all of mine from trades and from my mother's beds. I was concerned that I was doing something wrong because mine were not blooming and they up and starting blooming. I have four different beds and they have really multiplied. One purple has bloomed and a yellow that looks like a bird is blooming now. I will take some pics today after the rain dries up a bit. I have another in my front bed getting ready to bloom. I don't have any idea what color it is. I have an African iris given to me by an ex co-worker that is the only one that has continually bloomed. They have them at walmart and Lowe's. I might buy a couple of them.

I cant wait to see more pics of your Beauties!
My Grandpa use to have the most beautiful Iris in KS.
I have a few Paula sent to me, one bloomed this year. It was a short one purple and white, I will post a pic later.
Love Ya
Thanks for sharing your Pretties!;)
Thanks my friend! I'm hoping to see more blooms yet. I'll share pics as they bloom. I love showing off my pretties!!

Here's a couple of my irises. I am not sure with the rain they look like they might be getting too might water.

Attachments

• tn_Iris.JPG
    tn_Iris.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 271
  • tn_Iris ready to bloom.JPG
    tn_Iris ready to bloom.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 262
  • tn_My iris in bloom.JPG
    tn_My iris in bloom.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 269
More Irises

Beautiful Dor, I hope everyone will share there pics. Irises is one of my very favorite flowers. Here's a few more shots of mine.

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 277
  • lavender iris.jpg
    lavender iris.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 269
  • variety.jpg
    variety.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 257
  • twice.jpg
    twice.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 262
Just Lovely Gloria, I can't wait for my first 5 new ones for the new house to arrive. I guess that I should have dug some up in Ontario and tried to sneak them across the border, but that is a no no, that is how all kinds of diseases and bugs get transported. maybe next year I will have some stuff big enough to do some trades. I had about 10 varieties up there.

Gloria
Beautiful, thanks for sharing with us, I love irises. lost alot of mine 2-3 springs ago, they all rotted on me so moved what lived to another garden. My sil and I went to an iris auction and at the end they sold the left overs for $1 so I bought a mess of them. The first couple of yrs, they were awesome then we had a very very wet spring and they alot rotted on me. the place in the garden that I had them was too wet.
Please keep the pics coming, I enjoy them so much

Gorgeous Iris Gloria....I have a white one too, but forget the name of it off hand....but it will be another 6 WEEKS before I see any blooms like that here!
Thanks for sharing

And another!

Wowwww Treva..that is one gorgeous Iris!!
I have another bloom! This one was a surprise, it didn't bloom last year so I didn't know I had one this color. :D

Attachments

• multi iris.jpg
    multi iris.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 255
wonderful Iris blooms Gloria....I had the most wonderful cloection when in CA...do see I have many coming up here at the new place....can not wait to see the colors....thanks so much for posting pictures...the Iris is my favorite flower I think...

DS called tonight. Said his neighbor is getting rid of all his irises do I want any. He says they are all purple but I swear I've seen different colors in his yard. I'm taking a dozen. I wish I had space for more. Hope I get some interesting colors.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back