Iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Treva

Oh Gloria...They are BEAUTIFUL!

Attachments

• IM0F12~1.jpg
    IM0F12~1.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 285

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks my friend! I'm hoping to see more blooms yet. I'll share pics as they bloom. I love showing off my pretties!!

SassyWVGirl

Gorgeous!!!!

I love your iris pics. I had some yellow ones I lost last year, but fortunately I had divided them with a neighbor so she told me last nite that she is gonna give me some back because they've multiplied again this year. YAY!!! Eager to get some other colors soon, too. I keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day but I just feel like I want to take a week of vacation, and a huge loan out so I can get out there and play in my front yard. Thank goodness it's gonna be pretty this weekend. Maybe I'll get to do something toward it anyway......

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I started off with one bed of Irises and now I have several, mostly from trades. I told you I was an Iris fanatic!! LOL
My very favorite blue and white hasn't bloomed yet ..it usually blooms twice a year and always gives me a bloom in December so it maybe a while yet before it blooms again.
Irises are so easy to care for, I just love the beautiful blooms and year round greenery. Having mild winters here, they don't die back and I don't have to dig them up in the fall. It took about 3 years to get divisions and plant several beds but they're doing nicely now.

Dor

I love them too Gloria. I got all of mine from trades and from my mother's beds. I was concerned that I was doing something wrong because mine were not blooming and they up and starting blooming. I have four different beds and they have really multiplied. One purple has bloomed and a yellow that looks like a bird is blooming now. I will take some pics today after the rain dries up a bit. I have another in my front bed getting ready to bloom. I don't have any idea what color it is. I have an African iris given to me by an ex co-worker that is the only one that has continually bloomed. They have them at walmart and Lowe's. I might buy a couple of them.

Treva

I cant wait to see more pics of your Beauties!
My Grandpa use to have the most beautiful Iris in KS.
I have a few Paula sent to me, one bloomed this year. It was a short one purple and white, I will post a pic later.
Love Ya
Thanks for sharing your Pretties!;)
Thanks my friend! I'm hoping to see more blooms yet. I'll share pics as they bloom. I love showing off my pretties!!

Dor

Here's a couple of my irises. I am not sure with the rain they look like they might be getting too might water.

Attachments

• tn_Iris.JPG
    tn_Iris.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 264
  • tn_Iris ready to bloom.JPG
    tn_Iris ready to bloom.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 258
  • tn_My iris in bloom.JPG
    tn_My iris in bloom.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 266

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
More Irises

Beautiful Dor, I hope everyone will share there pics. Irises is one of my very favorite flowers. Here's a few more shots of mine.

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 271
  • lavender iris.jpg
    lavender iris.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 262
  • variety.jpg
    variety.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 253
  • twice.jpg
    twice.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 254

Jade

Just Lovely Gloria, I can't wait for my first 5 new ones for the new house to arrive. I guess that I should have dug some up in Ontario and tried to sneak them across the border, but that is a no no, that is how all kinds of diseases and bugs get transported. maybe next year I will have some stuff big enough to do some trades. I had about 10 varieties up there.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gloria
Beautiful, thanks for sharing with us, I love irises. lost alot of mine 2-3 springs ago, they all rotted on me so moved what lived to another garden. My sil and I went to an iris auction and at the end they sold the left overs for $1 so I bought a mess of them. The first couple of yrs, they were awesome then we had a very very wet spring and they alot rotted on me. the place in the garden that I had them was too wet.
Please keep the pics coming, I enjoy them so much

Jules

Gorgeous Iris Gloria....I have a white one too, but forget the name of it off hand....but it will be another 6 WEEKS before I see any blooms like that here!
Thanks for sharing

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
And another!

Wowwww Treva..that is one gorgeous Iris!!
I have another bloom! This one was a surprise, it didn't bloom last year so I didn't know I had one this color. :D

Attachments

• multi iris.jpg
    multi iris.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 251

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
wonderful Iris blooms Gloria....I had the most wonderful cloection when in CA...do see I have many coming up here at the new place....can not wait to see the colors....thanks so much for posting pictures...the Iris is my favorite flower I think...

Bernie

DS called tonight. Said his neighbor is getting rid of all his irises do I want any. He says they are all purple but I swear I've seen different colors in his yard. I'm taking a dozen. I wish I had space for more. Hope I get some interesting colors.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com