It's Spring It's Spring It's Spring

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Yea!!!!! I have snowdrops blooming and all of my bulbs are starting to gow. I could NOT be more excited. Even my iris, hollyhocks and daylilies are greening up.

Spider_Lily

That's great new's Kya I'm so ready for Spring.We may have a few more week's of cold weather.Dad alway's said we would have a cold snap before Easter.Easter's is the fifth Sunday from now.So Spring is on it's way.
I went shopping today and bought a few more thing's.I have the FEVER:eek:

I bought a Blue Girl Tea Rose hope it turn's out blue.Bought two more Thomas Edison Dahlia's,Otto Thrill Pink,Seattle Dahlia yellow trimmed in white bloom,Mystery Day Dahlia Deep red trimmed in white blooms,pack of twelve mixed Glad's,and two bearded Iris pink.So now I have plenty to do tomorrow .Suppose to be a beautiful day mid 60's.:):):)

Kya D

We are going to get more cold too, but I was tickled to see em.
My Mom used to tell me that we could take a frost until the 10th of june

Dor

I bought 3 hyacinths at Walmart and gave one to my good friend Celes. They are blooming already and smelling delightful at my front door. My daylilies, irises, Lily of the Niles, and Asiatic Lilies are budding out. I am so happy spring is on it's way.

Kya D

It snowed just yesterday so it was really fun seeing the new growth and the little snowdrops.
My hyacinths are budding out too, can't wait for them to bloom, I love the sweet smell they offer.
Have fun with your hyacinths Dor.
My iris and daylilies are just starting to get little new green shoots.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see lots of green in my gardens, snow drops are in bloom, going to do some raking today, suppose to be in the 50's here

tonya

daffodils

:(it was a sad day in the neighborhood yesterday...the daffodils were hanging their pretty little heads...they might have been trying to tell me something but i don't spead daffodilese...the aloe vera had to spend the winter out in the cold...i asked the MOTH to move it into the garage back in oct. he mumbled something about there was no room...back when i was working i might have reminded him again(see blue sign) buttt since he is the only one bringing home the bacon i let it go...i noticed the little puddles on the driveway under the aloe and it looked like it was crying...how sad!:( HPIM0753.jpg

HPIM0747.jpg

HPIM0758.jpg

HPIM0749.jpg

SandiB

I still can't see grass from all the snow!! BUT the roads and sidewalks are dry...is that a sign of SPRING in Ohio?? ;) lol.

YAY to ya'll and your blooms showing :)

Kya D

Ms. Sandi I say that dry walks are a sign of spring, I mean ya gotta take signs where ya can find em.

PRH

I still can't see grass from all the snow!! BUT the roads and sidewalks are dry...is that a sign of SPRING in Ohio?? ;) lol.

YAY to ya'll and your blooms showing :)

From one Buckey to another. I'll gladly take that as a sign of SPRING in Ohio and as Kya D posted;"Take signs where you can find them!" :p

SandiB

From one Buckeye to another. I'll gladly take that as a sign of SPRING in Ohio and as Kya D posted;"Take signs where you can find them!" :p

Yes to Kya & feeling like spring is coming is even better :)
PRH, hope your Ohio is dry roads & green grass.

Today's SUN melted alot of snow!! yay!:p

GardenBear1

crocus

I've got flowers :D my crocus started to bloom, so I really know its spring, I started to clean up the yard and every thing is starting to pop, now its just to wait for a few weeks and I can start setting out plants I hope

crocus.jpg

Spider_Lily

I was looking at the calendar a minute ago and noticed something.Daylight saving's time begin's next Sunday. I'm so ready for more time in the afternoon's.:)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I raked some of my gardens out yesterday. Praying that it wasn't too early. Lots of stuff up. i weeded a small garden today and moved some ground cover from one place in the yard to where I want it to grow so I don't have to mow there. I can't remember the name, small green leaves with purple flowers. At my grammie's house there is some white so want to ask my brother if I can get some as there is tons of it there.

Kya D

I wish they would pick a time and leave it alone... it takes me weeks to recover from the time changes.
Laurie I hope your brother gives you some of the cute plants

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice to see spring there gardenbear. I have tulips up can't wait for them to bloom. I also have cannas coming up,

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com