It's spring, It's Spring

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

First sign of the promise of Spring! I have daffs!!!:D

Attachments

• tn_sausage 006.JPG
    tn_sausage 006.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 317
I've never had any luck with tulips, they are so pretty but just will not cooperate with me. I have a couple of hycinths blooming too but they look worn and weathered. It's just too early for blooms but the weather keeps the bulbs confused! One day it's 70's, next is 40's. Poor plants!!

Gosh..I feel like a goody-2-shoes!! Sorry for rubbing it in! If any of you ever decide to move to the southeast to the warmer climate, let me know. Property and housing is at a real good "low" right now. Just remember, we do have hurricane threats from June- November!

Every area has it's quirks. Tornado season is a hoot, Winter is well.............The 2 days of spring and the 2 weeks of Autumn are real nice though..

Gosh..I feel like a goody-2-shoes!! Sorry for rubbing it in! If any of you ever decide to move to the southeast to the warmer climate, let me know. Property and housing is at a real good "low" right now. Just remember, we do have hurricane threats from June- November!

right now hurricanes don't sound to bad :eek:, we have snow storm threats from Nov to April.lol We all have our crosses to bear. The warm weather sounds sooo good right now. Love your Daffs.

I know that I do enjoy the one or so days of winter we have a year. I just like not having to wear that heavy old coat for 3 months. It will be warm enough to take the puppy on a walk today. I do enjoy my walk. I'm waiting on the trees and bushes to get leaves again. I don't think the apple tree ever lost all of its leaves. Spring is always a fun time. I'll probabllly want to plant some flowers when it warms up.

You guys are killing me. I swear if I move really close to the monitor, I can smell those daffs!! The are so lovely with their bright sunshiny faces...thanks for sharing your spring with us, Gloria

Don't they look so nice. I am thinking this next year I will plant some daffs somewhere. I will have to think of someplace to put them. My daughter has been this week. She liked the oleander that I replaced last year. I must say it has grown more than any thing else I've planted here. It is almost as tall as I am. I got the same color she had here. I debated on what to put in there but decided it would make her feel better to have it back. After all this is her house. She can't believe the other one died. Oh well.

my poor daffs are under 5' of snow
sure hope i have the blooms that i did last yr as i had about 1000 blooms
come on spring so i can see all the beautiful blooms of my daffs
alot of the bulbs came from my grammies but i have bought alot myself as they are one thing that the deer don't touch
some ppl have them planted all though their lawns here as they usually have died back by the time to mow the lawn comes

Tornados, snow, thunder storms...we get it all. Bob says that Iowa must have the biggest special effects budget ever lol! I have to say I am enthralled that I have to wear sunglasses in January/February. I haven't had to do that in years. You just don't get bright sunshine in Oregon in the winter.

Tulips and daffs are one of the first things I plant.

Dora/Garden Goddess

Here's a few of the beauties peaking out at my house. The hyacinths are from Dizzy and the Black EE is mine just waiting to go to its permanent home.

Attachments

• tn_Projects 002.JPG
    tn_Projects 002.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 321
  • tn_Projects 001.JPG
    tn_Projects 001.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 339
  • tn_Projects 004.JPG
    tn_Projects 004.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 318
Spring will be here soon in Texas. I went out yesterday and my Red Russian cannas are coming up. All my daylilies are sprouting too.

My new amaryllis is getting ready to bloom, and a couple of my rose cuttings have rooted.

Attachments

• tn_amaryllis 002.JPG
    tn_amaryllis 002.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 327
  • tn_amaryllis 003.JPG
    tn_amaryllis 003.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 325
OK, now I am kicking myself for not planting some bulbs last fall. I want some daffs and virginia bluebells out back. I want to put some helleborous in out front, it is time to get moving. My fall pansies look sad right now, but I am hoping they perk up.
It is a work in progress, so patience.

So far all I have are snowdrops and crocus but other things like tulips and daffs are poking out so there is still hope for more SPRING!!!!!

My orchid tree is blooming,,,,,without rain, so I'm not giving up. I have some beautiful kolanches blooming all over the place, but then they also bloom most of the winter. Chilly here but the south wind is blowing,,,,I'm NOT GIVIN' UP!! Spring is on the way!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back