Just wondering...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lazy gardener

You can have tulips in any colour, but why aren't there any pink daffodils?
Fuschia's come in varieties of pink, purple, red, white, but why no yellow?
Violets are blue, pink, yellow, white, you name it, but why are Forget-me-nots always blue/purple?
And why are so few flowers green?

Philosophers unite! :D

Actually, you can find the salmon and white daffodil's. Try Breck's online. ;)

The others I can't speak for, but I think of flowers like people, you can't group them by color only by beauty ;)

Forget-me-nots come in white and pink!

Green flowers are usually used in floral arrangments.
There are a few specie hybrids which are not commonly sold at .
garden centres or nurseries.
An annual green one is Bells of Ireland.

I ordered some pink daff bulbs from Brecks a few years ago and they were white. I e-mailed them and they sent me some more and they were white to so I gave up on them.
I grew some Bells of Ireland one year and they are very pretty. I always say I'm going to plant some more but then I forget until someone mentions them.

I bought the breast cancer awareness daffs, they are a salmony pink in the middle, not a true pink. You can find helleborus in green. I don't think that green flowers are bred much because most people are looking for contrast between the foliage and the flowers.

Actually, you can find the salmon and white daffodil's. Try Breck's online. ;)

The others I can't speak for, but I think of flowers like people, you can't group them by color only by beauty ;)

I don't want to buy anything, just wondering.:)
Don't think Europe is ready yet for pink daffodils, never saw them, they look pretty though...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back