Keep them worms cool

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

latebloomer

:D Just a reminder to those of you with vermi-composting bins, move your worm bins to the shade or spray water on the bins to keep those wormies cool.

curbhopper

I had to transplant some things this spring and I was thrilled to see really GREAT worms. We have no more grasshoppers here. I rarely see a ladybug. We can have West Nile virus from skeeters but no grasshoppers? I understand that rabbits annoy gardeners but we have none any more. Raccoons? Possum? Never mind ~ this was about worms. :)

deck chucker

Well, if you have a small amount of fishing worms you keep in the fridge crisper like I did make sure the cover is on tight or they'll end up in your lettuce! haha

curbhopper

Now, talk about protein in an earthy salad! Add a few sauteed mushrooms ~ I can just see Martha Stewart raising earthworms in her crisper drawer. "AND you can make little costumes for them at Halloween. All you need is...." If you send this idea to her I will find you, Deck. :)

curbhopper

I watch Martha Stewart just to laugh (another hobby of mine). "And simply attach your drill bit and use it as a blender for your worm pate. Spread it thinly on your fresh baked Italian bread ~ you can use the drill for making the bread also......You should buy a turquoise drill." Then I think, "Do you know nobody has any of this stuff other than worms?"

Gardengoddess

Now, talk about protein in an earthy salad! Add a few sauteed mushrooms ~ I can just see Martha Stewart raising earthworms in her crisper drawer. "AND you can make little costumes for them at Halloween. All you need is...." If you send this idea to her I will find you, Deck. :)

Worms in costume would just make my annual Halloween display lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com