KnockOut Rose's

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

I went out early this morning before it got hot took cutting's of all my KnockOut rose's.Trimmed most of the leave's off.Dipped the stem's in water then Rutone.Put them in a pot of rich potting soil hoping in a few week's to have 25 new KnockOut's.Sit them in a partly shaded area to root.Also too Gardenia cutting's and put in a glass jar full of water.Sit them in the shade they will root in a few week's.:):):)

GardenBear1

I've never had any luck in taking cutting and getting them root, is there any thing special you do to get them to root ?

Spider_Lily

I've never had any luck in taking cutting and getting them root, is there any thing special you do to get them to root ?
No take cutting below a node.I take all but 2-3 leave's off.Dip in water,rutone and stick them in a pot of rich soil.Sit in shaded area water every other day.Nothing special.Very easy to root knockout's.:)

Melissa

SL...You must have a special touch because I have tried that so many times with no luck. I have almost given up on my roses...I use to have so many and each winter I would lose some. I am down to around ten. The knock outs are surviving though...I really don't think you can hurt them :)

Spider_Lily

Sharing a couple knockout roses.:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 002.JPG
    Flowers -10 002.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 390
  • Flowers -10 006.JPG
    Flowers -10 006.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 405

Melissa

Those yellow are so happy!! I have the pink and red but there is just something about them yellows...lol!! I ran smack into a wonderful rose sale on Saturday. No knock outs though...but I did get a Rio Samba!!! I actually ended up getting 6 (with the help of my husband). I said I was done with the HT and GF but I couldn't resist. I am going to try yet another area and pray with heavy mulching, they will survive our nasty winters.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com