Knockout Roses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I have the "Rainbow Knockout" and I just adore it...

it is such a cute little bush the only thing I love more is my "Peach Drift" rose..
but that is because it is "peachy" colored

The first pic is of my "Rainbow" (don't know why I don't have a pic of the whole bush)... the next two are close ups of my Peachy

They are BOTH such adorable specimens....
They just brighten my days....

Attachments

• RKO.jpg
    RKO.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 358
  • drift2.jpg
    drift2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 368
  • peaches.jpg
    peaches.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 359
Jade did Canon replace your camera!??
Here is mid to late June 09
@ the
English Gazebo Garden I tend!

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com/gz09/index.html

(click on link above)
This year was a cool year.No PM only a little black spot on the Grandiflorias which were removed, grew back and was fine until Fall cleanup.
Another very nice year.
The Grandifloras grew taller then 51/2 feet again,only earlier this 2nd year. It was rather interesting,blooms galore.Too bad I had someone making themselves arrangements. I would anticipate blooms and they would be gone when I got there.Well, they knew when to cut *LOL Hope they enjoyed the blooms they stole*LOL
Lord of Great Landscaping knew I wanted to catch them*lol

Any pics??
I'll look for my little Rainbow KO pics..

BTW my PM is full,
you may email me, no clue what to delete..:eek:

Kale:)

Cannon fixed it for free, it is a high end digital. Unfortunately they send it back and I got a battery stuck in it and tried to get it out and I think that I might have dislodged something inside, so now I will have to pay for the repairs. DUMB, DUMB...I won't ever do that again.

I have the "Rainbow Knockout" and I just adore it...

They are BOTH such adorable specimens....
They just brighten my days....
Did you see mine in post 11?
We have sisters!
The color changes are interesting enough to actually stop and look at.
How long do you have yours?
I'm pretty sure mine is from 06.
So delicate and sweet.

Peach Drift is very pretty!!
Is it scented?

yes I saw yours...They do look identical

Mine is just a first year (as well As Peachy)
I planted them late last summer and wasn't sure if they were gonna make it thru our icy winter we had

I don't know if Peachy (or any of my others for that matter) smell
with my allergies as such I don't go sticken my nose where it don't belong:D

Jade that is sad, not sure how that could happen you must of really forced that battery in *LOL
I tried the wrong way (several times*lol) the battery simply wouldn't go in.Put a dot with a marker in on the side you should see when holding the camera the natural way you always do. Sure don't want that to happen again!
Actually now that I think of it ...one of my older canons ..I did that! I sure did !*LOL but I got it out, no, I think Hubby did after he told me now why would you go and do something like that*LOL Sorta thought it was the thing to do at the moment *LOL Duh...*lol
Hang in there....It will be over and you will be able to shoot again!

Mine is your older sister.*lol
Hummm..you planted roses in the Summer?
Must be really good quality roses.
A bit surprised shock didn't kill them.Do you get constant bloom on that KO?
Mine showers me with a wondrous display then sits and repeats all season long.
As far as not sticking your nose where it doesn't belong*LOL
That my friend is where mine belongs, can't live without it.
I don't know that the smell of a rose could ever hurt anyone, their scents are gentle and sweet.That is why I grow mostly Hybrid Teas! Fabulous!
Not like it is sage or rosemary or cilantro that gives me the willies just thinking of them.I don't grow them for scent that for certain.

I don't know about the quality..I just got lucky..I plant stuff all times of the year (when my back will allow)
and I watered them alot of the evenings

Nope I wasn't worried about the planting shock..I was more worried about the winter we had since they wern't established all that long...

yep..as a matter of fact both "Rainbow" and "Peachy" still had a few blooms on them the other day when I was out...

They have just been totally magnificant!!!

I don't know that the smell of a rose could ever hurt anyone, their scents are gentle and sweet.That is why I grow mostly Hybrid Teas! Fabulous!
Not like it is sage or rosemary or cilantro that gives me the willies just thinking of them.I don't grow them for scent that for certain.

Well it's the fact that the smells are "irritants" to my already existing allergic condition I buy things for their beauty not there smells...

Jade that is sad, not sure how that could happen you must of really forced that battery in *LOL
I tried the wrong way (several times*lol) the battery simply wouldn't go in.Put a dot with a marker in on the side you should see when holding the camera the natural way you always do. Sure don't want that to happen again!
Actually now that I think of it ...one of my older canons ..I did that! I sure did !*LOL but I got it out, no, I think Hubby did after he told me now why would you go and do something like that*LOL Sorta thought it was the thing to do at the moment *LOL Duh...*lol

I planted them two springs ago, they were one gallon pots from Lowes. I trimmed them to shape them a bit today. I expect that they will reach 5' by next summer. We did have a very rainy summer, and the two week period that I was dry I ran the soaker hoses. I also did give them one application of granular fertilizer in the spring and probably a liquid fert or two during the summer. I was amazed at their growth, for sure.

*lol I don't know it is a fact that smells are irritants..Some scents may cause one a negative (undesired or fatal) reaction like ich rash sneeze etc.. Smelling is just a sensation (Action) that results when olfactory receptors (nerves)in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals that make up the scent.
Irritants in and of themselves are nouns (can be seen "A thing") like the fine hairs of some herbs that drive me to itch for days!

What are you not allergic to?
I have many plants and scents I can't deal with.
I love my roses and their scent.
Wouldn't know what I'd do if I couldn't sniff them...
I buy for scent thankful for the ability to smell lovely roses.

*lol I don't know it is a fact that smells are irritants..Some scents may cause one a negative (undesired or fatal) reaction like ich rash sneeze etc.. Smelling is just a sensation (Action) that results when olfactory receptors (nerves)in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals that make up the scent.
Irritants in and of themselves are nouns (can be seen "A thing") like the fine hairs of some herbs that drive me to itch for days!

Well If you ain't soundin like an intellectual smarty pants!!!LOL

When I had to go see an allergist 2 years ago for all the lovely testing to see what I was allergic to I ask him Why my medication didn't deture perfumes,personal hygeine product scents, and flower smells...heck I'm even bothered by cleaning products

and he told me that they were irritants because they are not something that I can come into physical contact with or have physical properties

unlike molds which I would not touch but they release spores that get into my nasal passages and my throat

What are you not allergic to?

not much..I have to be very careful around everything

I have many plants and scents I can't deal with.

My biggest offenders are Lilacs, and lavender,lilly of the valley (that I know of) at my moms house there is a 12ft lilac bush right under my bedroom window when I was living with her I had to keep my windows shut when it was in bloom

I love my roses and their scent.
Wouldn't know what I'd do if I couldn't sniff them...
I buy for scent thankful for the ability to smell lovely roses.

I understand..but I do not feel all that deprived that I can not stop and "smell the roses"

I know they smell beautiful..even tho I am not supposed to

Their beautiful colors are enough for me..;)

It was swollen, but it went in...then it wouldn't come out. I am not blonde, either, ha. (sorry blondies, it was a cliche)

Bluewolf,
*LOL smarty pants*lol:D
I just didn't want a non fact to be thought of as such.
Ok I understand the lilac, simply because it can be over whelming coming into a room even to me, but a little gentle sniff I am fine .
Lavender is beautiful but do not like touching it or smellin in any way; as to my neighbors and a few friends...love it ! I harvest much for them,(and suffer the aroma because I know it will pass) they sleep with it in their pillows!
Lilies of the valley I can stand ...for a moment if it is just a gentle breeze.Distant away from me.
Ever touch Cilantro?!
My pruners won't even touch that, yet some love it *LOL
Dill...parsleys.. many herbs absolutely kill me along with many iris!
Oh I have a long list of those I can't stand touching.
Tomato plants yukk but no harsh long lived effect just itch (the whole time I am harvesting ) and rash on my face.Which leaves soon after I get away and wash real good with plain water.
Molds...I definitely can not take at all,I bought some books for my daughter only later to discover the smell of mold Oh my! put it outside for a year*LOL
She just brought it in opened and I ran*LOL I can sense mold from far distance.Cinnamon! Yukk that actually gives me a headache,rash and itch to the high mountains! I cant stand it .
Cleaning haven't used those chemicals for nearly 2 decades..
I only use joy dish liquid for nearly everything!
A drop of dollar store bleach about an inch in the joy container diluted with all water.
I can use Sweet Honesty! That, and Avon Rose scent perfume.I do not apply on my body I give a quick spritz on my sweater.That is it.
Soap,Dove for sensitive skin although they changed their ingredients recently I sorta dry out and flake if I dont use Mane and Tail conditioner on my to be..dry spots*LOL
Humm interesting...we have the same allergic reactions..
I bet Avon Sweet Honesty and roses will not bother you.You have the same chemical make up as I.
Oh, btw they are not irritants, they "Have"properties that play the role as irritants,(which are basically the chemical make up, various kinds mixed that are released through various ways only to individuals ..nose, doesn't except them causing reaction perhaps to the body..ie. itching, swelling, breathing etc.
When I stated I grow for scent, we were speaking of roses and that is what I was referring to. My roses (and a few plants like Lilac and a certain lily Dames Rocket and a few others) are pleasant to my little nose.
All others for many different purposes two being culinary,and critters ie. butterflies, bees.. etc..

Jade,
You know what..I think it was the camera card that got stuck backwards..
Forget the whole thing I don't have clear memory,Hubby doesn't remember the battery issue so now I am confused but I know I stuck something in the wrong way (something to do with the canon camera) and it was a chore to get it out 5 trillions things have happened since then ..not something to keep in my full memory*LOL I sorta keep pushing things out, you now I do have limited space there..And no I am not blond either*LOL (I tease my Daughter,she states I am a female,teenager related to my Granny and I am a blond have mercy..*LOL) She is indeed a card, thinks she could get away with helping and figuring things out because she is blond!! I do not grant mercy, figure it out*LOL

Ok so when will you have your camera?
And what do you think about those red knockouts at the English Rose Garden? Fall cleanup is fun..:eek::eek::eek:

Well what ever they are called /classified as..I shouldn't be around them...

I also have skin allergies as well as food allergies along with a couple of critters.....

Sorry Jade didn't mean to highjack your thread.....:(

Back to Knockouts....Mine are looking INCREDIBLE this year. I planted 1 gallon pots 2 years ago and now they are full and gorgeous and about 3' around and 3' high. I saw a mature one at a friends house the other week and I would say that it was at least 5 ' around. Amazing things!

I love the knockout rose soooo easy to root.I saw some at a local nursey yesterday the were asking $20.00 for a gallon size.Maybe I need to root some and sell for $20 LOL I have one I need to move to a better location.

My knockout rose

My knockout rose is really blooming. It really loves the location where it is planted.

Attachments

• tn_gardening023.JPG
    tn_gardening023.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 346
  • tn_gardening022.JPG
    tn_gardening022.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 393
I picked up two yellow knockout roses over the weekend. Haven't gotten them in the ground yet. They were good sized plants, $16. Park Seed had them at the festival of flowers last June for $2. Not large ones, but definitely worth $2. I didn't buy any, but plan to this year if they have them again.

Lowes has the one gallon for a good price if I remember correctly, no way did I pay 20 bucks for a one gallon, I am way too cheap for that!

Lowes has the one gallon for a good price if I remember correctly, no way did I pay 20 bucks for a one gallon, I am way too cheap for that!

Me to Jade I would never pay that price.When I can borrow limb's and root my own very easy.I'm cheap too have to be these day's.:)

What's your method, SpiderLily? I NEED to be cheap!!! I had great results once with the baggie method of propagation but apparently that was a "first time's the charm" deal, because it hasn't gone well since then and I gave it up.

Kya...remember the shoots you sent me last year? I was looking at them yesterday and see no growth coming on yet, so I'm not sure they made it through the winter.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back