Kraut & Beer Fudge Cake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kraut and Beer Fudge Cake

2/3 c butter
1-1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
2 -1/4 c sifted flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda ( baking)
1/4 tsp salt
1 c beer
2/3 c rinsed drained and chopped sauerkraut

cream the butter and sugar, beat in eggs and vinilla. Sift together dry ingredients,add alternating wiht beer to egg mixture. Stir in kraut. Pour into 2 8" round or square "baking" pans greased. Bake at 350* oven for 40 minutes or until done.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
2 pkgs ( 4oz each) of sweet cooking chocolate
2 pkgs (3 oz each) creamed cheese
2 tsp light cream
2 c sifted confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Melt chocolate and cool slightly, then blend in creamed cheese and cream. Add sugar gradually and mix well. add salt and vanilla ( may add some rinsed and drained kraut for texture and flavor if desired. Makes 2 cups. Can ice cake with this frosting or
somethingWhipped Cream

Whip 1-1/2 c heavy cream with 3 TBS sugar 1 tsp instant coffee and 2 tsp unsweetend cocoa until soft peaks form. Makes 3 cups.

Last edited:
That is really interesting you would never think of sauerkraut in a cake. I bet it is super moist.

Ron For some reason the beer jumped to the side of the salt..... it is 1 c. beer

I remember this recipe from years ago but had completly forgotten about it. It is really moist and contray to belief you can't taste the kraut. Delicious yum-yum.

My dad would eat this cake simpley because it had beer in it. Even though you can not taste it. LOL! He loved his beer.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back