Kraut & Beer Fudge Cake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kraut and Beer Fudge Cake

2/3 c butter
1-1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
2 -1/4 c sifted flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda ( baking)
1/4 tsp salt
1 c beer
2/3 c rinsed drained and chopped sauerkraut

cream the butter and sugar, beat in eggs and vinilla. Sift together dry ingredients,add alternating wiht beer to egg mixture. Stir in kraut. Pour into 2 8" round or square "baking" pans greased. Bake at 350* oven for 40 minutes or until done.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
2 pkgs ( 4oz each) of sweet cooking chocolate
2 pkgs (3 oz each) creamed cheese
2 tsp light cream
2 c sifted confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Melt chocolate and cool slightly, then blend in creamed cheese and cream. Add sugar gradually and mix well. add salt and vanilla ( may add some rinsed and drained kraut for texture and flavor if desired. Makes 2 cups. Can ice cake with this frosting or
somethingWhipped Cream

Whip 1-1/2 c heavy cream with 3 TBS sugar 1 tsp instant coffee and 2 tsp unsweetend cocoa until soft peaks form. Makes 3 cups.

Last edited:

Kya D

That is really interesting you would never think of sauerkraut in a cake. I bet it is super moist.

Kya D

Ron For some reason the beer jumped to the side of the salt..... it is 1 c. beer

Maggie

I remember this recipe from years ago but had completly forgotten about it. It is really moist and contray to belief you can't taste the kraut. Delicious yum-yum.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
My dad would eat this cake simpley because it had beer in it. Even though you can not taste it. LOL! He loved his beer.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com