Lady Banks Roses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Blueaussi

Here's a question. One of my co-workers just wandered in carrying a piece of a shrub that is growing outside of our building. I think it is a Lady Banks Rose. Do Lady Banks Roses have square stems? I know there is a shrub that looks like a Lady Banks Rose, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is so I can compare the two.

She wants to root this thing, whatever it is, and I said I would try and help, and yes I have scolded her for just breaking a branch off a shrub in a public area.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blue that isn't a Lady Banks rose, you may be right about the primrose jasmine.

Blueaussi

Thanks Dale. I'll try and remember to bring my camera to work and take a picture of it. I simply hadn't paid much attention to it until she was standing here holding that branch asking me what it was and how to root it.

I don't know my shrubs and trees as well as I should.

Belladonna

heres a photo of my Lady Banks (banksia rose) so you may be able to see the leaf shape.

Attachments

• P9270158.jpg
    P9270158.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 344
  • PA190159.jpg
    PA190159.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 451

Blueaussi

Wow, that's beautiful! And that helps, this shrub is obviously not a rose. The square stem is so distinctive, I think it must be a jasmine.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com