Lambs ears

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi Riverrock,
I was very enamored by Lambs ears UNTIL I grew a lot of it as an edge to my street garden! There always seemed to be empty spots. I would dig it up and transplant more plants to that spot. It just never worked out. I always had empty spots with nothing but ugly roots showing. When they are young, they are so pretty but over a couple years they follow that pattern and spread everywhere but where you want them to stay.
Good luck with yours, maybe you will fare better than I.

I have never had a problem with my Lamb's Ear spreading everywhere. I thin it every couple of years to contain it.

Hi Scarez,
I love the picture of the Rose campion. They are so pretty.
When I moved to Tennessee from Pa. I had never seen them before and I had many on the property that I bought. I have moved, but still spread the seeds.
A few years ago a fellow from England was looking for seeds and I sent him some. That turned into an Email friendship, but we have lost touch, I fear he has left this planet. Strange how gardening can bring people together.

I think that lambs ears are a love/hate relationship for me. I do think that they feel really nice, but have always looked like a mess when I had them. Maybe I am just one of those people who likes their perennials to behave themselves.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back