Lavender

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is what my lavender looks like today. It has grown well this summer.

Attachments

• P7140022.JPG
    P7140022.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 383

Kya D

That is really pretty I hope mine does that well. I planted 3 different kinds so I can see which do the best and winter over

Jules

I love my lavendar...and when I work in that area and brush against it....hmmmm, the aroma is heavenly!!

Bernie

I love my lavendar...and when I work in that area and brush against it....hmmmm, the aroma is heavenly!!

I agree. Lavender is supposed to relax you and promote sleep but if I bring it in the house I get a headache that lasts for days. :( Mine has self seeded so I have several plants around the yard and I've shared with several people. They are in full bloom at the moment.

Yours looks wonderful Lyn. TFS

Jules

That is strange that it causes you a headache! I suffer from migraines and the only scent I can tolerate is lavendar and eucalyptus. Lavender just sooths my head. If I am anywhere in a closed area of lilacs it just kills me! But I love them and have to enjoy at a distance. When we bougth this house, she ahd a lilac bush planted close to the house and we had to move it to the other end of the yard. Mine hasn't seeded itself....but guess I am to anal about weeding around it - must leave the soil around it in tack and see if I can get some babies too! Not sure what kind I have, but it is beautiful!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure what mine is but I could probably look it up. I keep all of those little plastic stakes out of the pots when I get them. I have the headache problem with marigolds. I love them but we don't bring them in the house. different things effect all of us different but I love my garden.

Suzanne

Strange. lavender does give me a headache too... (just discovered it day before yesterday)..I have migrane too and somehow lavender aggravated it. I thought it was a figment of my imagination...

Jules

I'm not sure what mine is but I could probably look it up. I keep all of those little plastic stakes out of the pots when I get them. I have the headache problem with marigolds. I love them but we don't bring them in the house. different things effect all of us different but I love my garden.

And for that vary reason Lynn, I keep the real flowers in the yard to enjoy, and have silks in the house to brighten things up! Strange, but the only way I can survive! I so love flowers...but in the yard:)

Jules

Strange. lavender does give me a headache too... (just discovered it day before yesterday)..I have migrane too and somehow lavender aggravated it. I thought it was a figment of my imagination...
I think anything that is strong or not the real deal will aggrivate a migraine. I use lavendar essential oil in my bath when I need to relax. I have suffered from migraines for 31 years and could write a book on the triggers! Everyone's body and type of migraine is different. I am on a daily med for the prevention and take another prescribed med when I get one.
here is a site I found on lavendar and migraines
http://www.lavenderbeefarm.com/headache.shtml

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com