Layered Lemon Dessert

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

richnkim

This one is a lot like the Lemon Cream Cheese Pie but you can do it a lot of different ways.

Layered Lemon Dessert

1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped
1 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 cups whipped topping
1 large package instant pudding, lemon flavored
3 cups cold milk
Chopped nuts for top

Mix 1/2 cup nuts, and flour together. Melt margarine and pour over flour mixture. Mix to form a dough. Press into the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together, and stir in half of the whipped topping. Spread onto cooled crust. Beat the milk and the pudding mix together. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Chill. Spread the remainder of the whipped topping on the top and sprinkle on the nuts.

I like to use the Lemon Meringue Pie filling instead of the pudding.
This can be made with other kinds of pudding as well. My family likes chocolate. It is good with banana and a layer of bananas on top of the pudding. It is good with a pumpkin custard on it instead of pudding. The possibilities are endless.

Kya D

Ms Kim you gotta quit this one sounds as great as the others
I can feel my hips getting bigger just reading them

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
The layered dessert is one of my families favorite. Chocolate is the best.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com