Lemon Thyme seeds ?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

I've looked everywhere for Lemon Thyme seeds and found nothing. Do they exist or am I chasing a "Clippings" ghost ? If so, where do you get them ?

GPM

Most available items are already plants. Found one source of seeds but they're from Europe. 18 euros per gram (6000 seeds) is about $26.00 plus shipping. Someone sneezes and the seeds are history. Didn't think they were that small.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
WOW that would be alot for seeds...I think your best bet is a plant...I got mine at a little local place here..but I see it sold all over

Blueaussi

You know, most plant centers and even some of the big box stores have lemon thyme plants for sale in the spring. By the time you order seeds, buy some sort of seed starting substrate, and a cup or pot to put it in; you could easily spend more than the cost of one or two plants.

Jade

If you have any friends that have a plant ask for a few cuttings. They are easy to root. I would imagine that it would take a long time to grow from seed. I agree with just buying a plant from a garden center somewhere, instant gratification!

GPM

Yea, I've bought 3 bush type lemon thyme plants @ $5 each. They will ship them after March 15th to where I live. Reason being, I'm interested in some natural ways to deter Varroa mites. A fairly common issue with honey bees. My soon to be 4 hives are getting some vegetation upgrades to help battle the issues. Thyme will soften the mite problem, but I like the lemony fragrance part of it to give some added appeal.

fireman28

There is a great company out of Canada that I use quite often. I love them. They specialize in herb and have almost anything you could dream of. They have great prices and all U.S. orders are tax exempt. They have 22 varieties of time.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com