Let's see your bbq's, and recipes.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish I lived close to you/that market! Seafood is my fave thing. Crab, prawn, oysters, mussels etc. The only thing I just don't get is lobster, crab is half the price and twice the taste in my opinion.

I now understand your username:)

:D it's a life style :D
Crab is by far my favorite crustacean but oysters are tops for my shellfish! We smoke a lot of salmon,tuna, mullet , flounder and red bass or drum. They have the perfect texture for smoking. We use to produce the dips and stuffings but the market now had decided he can just get the smoked product from us and do it himself. We were a fish producer also at one time but now just do the smoking on request basis. :( I really miss working on the boat.
Too bad it is so cost prohibitive to ship seafood. I would offer to send you some :( If you would like a fish smoking tips( or for grill ) or need ideas just let me know.

Last edited:

Wombat

Mikie have a great time with your new toy, I agree about the crabs too the mudcrabs here are just divine!
Yum Nancie, what I can't catch myself, I always go to the local fisherman's co-op to get my seafood straight from the boat. Most of my bbq's are in Summer when the weather is not quite as cool. I have a wood burning bbq and the eucalyptus wood has a distinctive smell to it. One thing I'm sure of my bbq plate will never wear out...it's tank armour!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice BBQ John! How did you rate that?

Our son came yesterday for Father's Day and used the smoker to smoke a chicken with pecan wood for dinner. It was awesome. He's a good kid. He is a landscaper and also processes foreclosures and evictions.He has found several smokers the he has rehabbed. They are all different. He actually has a round one. Very unusual.

mikiejack

I finally got the weather I needed to BBQ. It was only burgers and sausages, but it was great :)

Just need to finish off the edges with a bit of sealant to tidy it all up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340130183.235418.jpg

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I should probably plan something from the grill on Friday when I cook. The family seems to like just about anything that comes off the grill. I bought some new skewers a few days ago and a bag of shrimp. That sounds like a good start.

Wombat

Nice BBQ John! How did you rate that?

Our son came yesterday for Father's Day and used the smoker to smoke a chicken with pecan wood for dinner. It was awesome. He's a good kid. He is a landscaper and also processes foreclosures and evictions.He has found several smokers the he has rehabbed. They are all different. He actually has a round one. Very unusual.

My brother in law was in the army and the armour mysteriously found it's way to our house. ;) The plate weighs about 60 pounds lol I've often thought about getting a smoker but it's been consigned to the "too hard" basket.....the chicken sounds yummy!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com