Lets share pictures of our gardens!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I can't eat cabbage because it hurts my stomach but brussel sprouts don't. Hubby likes red cabbage so we always make 2 different stews.

My wife and I really like Brussels sprouts too. I planted 15 plants yesterday. My son-in-law David said he didn't like Brussels sprouts, but when I fixed some with grilled pork chops, he ate them and came back for seconds. I sauteed them in olive oil laced with garlic and a little salt.

I like brussel sprouts too but don't grow them. I have no excuse for that!!
I picked my first four squash yesterday. I'm so proud!
I'll get out with my camera today and get a few more pics posted.

Yesterday I was on a tractor for 5 1/2 hours helping with planting since our area is WAY behind... Now I'm sporting one of the best sunburns I've had in years... :(

Nobody should have to look at this much "ugly", but my wife, who is laughing at me about my sunburn insisted on me posting this picture... She thinks it's hilarious that I spent five hours on the tractor in a tank top and said is serves me right... She said you ol' fool, you are a DC9 Captain, not a farmer!:confused:

Attachments

• sunburn.jpg
    sunburn.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 257
Our wives do have a way of keeping us humble, don't they? LOL I was out in a short sleeved shirt and I got a minor sunburn on the exposed skin.

MyFedora, another thing about the olive oil is that it's an Omega-3 fat which works on cleaning arteries instead of depositing plaque in them.

Yes they sure do Randy... Guess I asked for it though... But! I'm not as serious as that picture makes me look, and I usually get the last laugh...!!!
:D:):p;):rolleyes:
rolleysmile.gif

Good Haven's Dave I'm glad it's not as painful as it looks. Happy to see you feel well enough to be out there though. When is the fair? Will you be ready to enter you prize winners this year?

I took a few pictures of my raiseded gardens today. I gave them all a good drink. I had to spray my purple hull peas and my okra. Some little black bugs were all up and down the stems, a lot of them. I made some insecticidal soal and I bought some 3 in 1 organic spray from Lowe's. I will check them tomorrow to see if I got them all.

Attachments

• peppers and tomatoes.jpg
    peppers and tomatoes.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 264
Here's a few more.

Attachments

• tn_tomatoes and bush beans.JPG
    tn_tomatoes and bush beans.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 282
  • tn_hot banana peppers.JPG
    tn_hot banana peppers.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 292
  • tn_raised bed #1.JPG
    tn_raised bed #1.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 271
  • tn_raised bed #2.JPG
    tn_raised bed #2.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 276
  • tn_raised bed #3 (2).JPG
    tn_raised bed #3 (2).JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 278
Thank you Dale. I tried to work a little organic matter in the first bed this evening. I will do a bed at a time until I get all four of them done. I have been able to keep the weeds until control. My problem is getting my yardman to make time to get the mulch down for me. My purple hull and bush beans are really taking off. When is the next best day to plant seeds Dale? I planted some more cucumbers and butterbeans today.

Now Dave you know better than that.Do you need a bop on the head lean over so I can pop you.LOL Better get something on that sunburn.Get him good Mrs.Ironknee's LOL

I was inside most of the day today. I went out to change the water in the garden and that's about it. I'll do a little more tomorrow and maybe even start on the berry patch.

Another pic...corn, squash, butterbeans, peas.

Attachments

• veg.jpg
    veg.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 273
Dor, you have some great looking raised beds! So perfectly set up and growing great.
Mr Ironknees, hope your sunburn is doing better. Those farmer tans can hurt, not to mention those awful tan lines! Once the tan sets in, I guess you could use masking tape and tape over the tanned area and go back out and burn the exposed skin. That should even it out for you. LOL

Bernie, our fair is in early July, and you bet your best hunting boots I'll be ready!!! I already have tomatoes setting on, onions and potatoes are right on time as are the carrots and beets... Oh, and Bernie, that sunburn IS as painful as it looks... :(

Dor, fabulous looking pictures... Thanks a bunch!!! :D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back