Lets share pictures of our gardens!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Wow Randy, that looks like a lot of berries to be making into Jam;) You are right the drip irrigation can be more trouble than it is useful. I switched to soakers a longtime ago just for that reason.

Dave we have rabbit's everywhere.I think they dare you to run over them.They jump out at you from nowhere.I have a Jack Russell Terrier she love's to chase them out of the yard.She work's hard playing with the bunnies.

Spider, that's good for a Jack Russell. They sure need something to use up all that energy. Those little guys are like coiled springs.

Jade, I know the Marionberries like our climate, but I think all berries do. One of the berries I don't see around though is the gooseberry. I don't think I have ever even seen one at all, just pictures.

I don't think that even that berry patch could supply all the berries I use for jam. Year before last, I picked at least 150 pounds at the U-pick berry farm. It's easy to keep track of there because they charge 99 cents a pound but they don't charge for the ones you eat. I don't go there to eat berries though. I will usually eat as many as three berries just to get a feel for the sugar content in relation to color of the berry. I intentionally pick some underripe berries as there is a higher percentage of pectin in them and it helps set the jam.

Finally weeded and here are the pictures. You can see the piles of weeds that I pulled. I have been busy and sick lately so haven't had much time.
First picture is beans, then corn, and finally my potatoes, brussels, cabbage, and tomatoes.

Attachments

• beans.jpg
    beans.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 335
  • corn.jpg
    corn.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 325
  • potato.jpg
    potato.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 301
Nice looking garden there. I saw a compost tumbler off on the side there too. I had one of those, but since we moved here, I have so much more space available I just pile everything on the ground.

GREAT PICTURES!!! I wish I had that sort of area for my garden... I too saw the composter... How do you like yours? I have thought for a long time about either getting or making one...

I love my compost tumbler. It does a really good job in a short amount of time. I have the smaller one that cost about $150 but bought mine from the neighbor for $20. I only let it compost for so long then I empty it on to plastic and move it to the back and put black plastic over it to let it finish. I do this every 7 days, you are supposed to leave it in for 14 days but I always have lots more to add to it before that. Then I have some to add to flowers and such. What ever is left there at the beginning of the gardening season gets put in the garden.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back