liberty bell stamps.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I just wanted to remind everyone that the liberty bell stamps are now worth 44 cents now.:) You don't have to buy 2 cent stamps to go with them.
I bought 10 books when they first came out, now that they have gone up twice my stamps are worth 4 cents more now than when I bought them.
I am shocked how many folks don't know that these stamps will still mail a letter with NO extra postage.:D

Kya D

Just last week I was talking to a friend at work and she had no clue they didn't go up in price she was still adding 2 cent stamps.

Kya D

I know it says that but it still surprises me how many people don't realize what they really are worth.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still have a few books too. When you buy them now they are .44 each right?
i paid .40 for mine when they first came out

Kya D

That's right. When I bought mine a couple years back I paid 40 cents for them but now that I am using them ( a couple years later) they mail a 44 cent letter
I love a deal I save 4 cents on each stamp now.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hardly mail anything now as I pay all my bills online.
I used them for Christmas cards but have cut way back on them as its too expensive

Kya D

It's amazing that you can buy 16 christmas cards at the 1.00 store and it costs nearly 50 cents to mail one

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know so stopped sending most of them now
I sent mostly ecards for birthdays now, the postage is so much
I know they ar hurting cause of everyone doing alot on line nowadays

Kya D

I think you are right Laurie.
They have to be losing money with all of the online stuff.

swindy

Well if the Post Office didn't keep raising the price of stamps more people would be mailing out greeting cards. This year I didn't send any and I only got a few. I use to send out dozens of christmas cards. This will be athing of the past.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
The PO has had layoffs here in their main offices. Not so much mail now where so many people do it online now

Maggie

I used to send between 60 to 75 Christmas cards a year but this year it will only be to close family members and close friends. That will still be around 30-35 which I may cut some more from my list.

richnkim

It is sad because cards are so nice to see later years. I have some that my mom and dad sent to each other. They are really neat!

Maggie

It is sad. I love sending and receiving cards. I have cards dating back to the 70's that I received. I save all my cards and sometimes I will look at them for old times sake and shed a few tears. The ones I love the best are the ones my mom sent me thru the years. She has been gone for almost 10 years now and I really miss her. I better stop now before I start crying.

Kya D

A 90 year old friend of mine, Gen, passed away a few months ago and instead of flowers for a casket spray Gen had made arrangements to have a casket spray out of the cards that she had recieved and had treasured over her life.
It was gorgeous.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com