Lily

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

I don't know what kind of Lily this is.It has a strong sweet scent.I don't remember planting it and it didn't grow here last Summer.:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 001.JPG
    Flowers -10 001.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Flowers -10 003.JPG
    Flowers -10 003.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Flowers -10 004.JPG
    Flowers -10 004.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 316
Think all of those descriptions are correct, Kya, and also "surprise lily" I believe. Spider...the one I have took several years to bloom from the time I first planted. Last year I noticed there was "new" growth in a circle around the original plant and when I looked closely it appeared to be 8 new distinctly separate plants. They didn't put out blooms last year but they all have flower stalks coming up this year. Should be blooming any day now. I haven't educated myself on this lily but I do know one thing....a house just up the road from me has one blooming and the plant is very, very large. Mine will have to be separated and moved at some point because there is not enough room where it is at the moment.

I love these. We have them all up and down our road...I think they are so neat how the leaves come first and then die back and then Surprise!! Another neat thing is Van Bourgondien sells this as Magic Lilies rignt next to the "Spider Lilies"!!! Page 11 of the fall 2010 catalog if you have it. If not, they are online at www.dutchbulbs.com

I love these. We have them all up and down our road...I think they are so neat how the leaves come first and then die back and then Surprise!! Another neat thing is Van Bourgondien sells this as Magic Lilies rignt next to the "Spider Lilies"!!! Page 11 of the fall 2010 catalog if you have it. If not, they are online at www.dutchbulbs.com

I checked it out Melissa.I checked the red Spider lilies too those thing's grow wild here.They were two bulb's for $12.99 LOL reckon I could sell them a few.LOL:)

WOW! $12.99? I paid $1 for mine at a yard sale. Guess I should have brought more. When I get around to separating the bulbs (I think you do that in the fall for this plant) I'll post on here and give them away. Mine are pink/white.

WOW! $12.99? I paid $1 for mine at a yard sale. Guess I should have brought more. When I get around to separating the bulbs (I think you do that in the fall for this plant) I'll post on here and give them away. Mine are pink/white.
Trade you some red for a few white.:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back