Lookin for this recipe

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

I have search the net to no end and can't find it..

My mom calls it "Chicken Marengo"

she made it when I was growing up and I am in the mood for a chicken and rice dish

it has chicken
rice
tomato bisque
mushrooms
cream of mushroom soup
onions
and I think maybe whole tomatos

anyway it is made to where the rice is cooked with all the ingredients in a
dutch oven (at least that is the way she did it)

I would do it in a casserole dish and make a much smaller portion

I know she got the original recipe of the back of a cambells soup label
but when I went to Cambells I couldn't find it

it's from the late 70's early 80's? I don't really remember when she started making it

does it sound familiar to anyone?

*in case you were wondering why I don't just call her....I really don't feel like dealing with her right now (long story)

Thanks

Wolfie

Jules

this actually sounds pretty good....must print it off and try it myself!!

Napoleon's name is associated with the origins of this dish.
This one is truly yummy.
Ingredients:
•1 large onion, finely chopped
•olive oil
•2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces or 1-1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
•2 cans (14.5 ounces each) canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained
•1 cup chicken stock
•1/2 cup dry white wine or dry sherry
•3 parsley sprigs
•1 tablespoon ground thyme
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
•1 bay leaf
•2 cloves of crushed garlic
•butter
•8 ounces sliced mushrooms
•juice of 1 lemon
•2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley, for garnish
Preparation:
Saute the onions in olive oil till translucent. Add pieces of chicken, saute until brown on all sides. Add the tomatoes, the chicken stock and wine. Add the parsley sprigs, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and garlic. Simmer covered for 1 hour. Melt butter in a saucepan and saute the mushrooms until tender. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Remove the chicken pieces from pot and arrange them in a dish. Strain the sauce. Add mushrooms to the sauce and pour over the chicken. Garnish with minced parsley and bread crumbs. Serve with hot cooked pasta or rice.

Bluewolf

AAAWW Blue..You're such a sweetie!!! (((HUGGLES)))

evidently she used the first recipe and modified it..guessing she mixed the rice in to "sop" up all the extra sauce. that's the closest one that sounds right

I'll have to do my own modifications as well cause I do not like cream of mushroom soup

I also like the last one with the COC and cheese (after I take out all the spicy stuff)

and the last link??? WOW that's alot of chicken marengo recipes..couldn't even read them all

Will letcha know what I come up with ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com