Looking for bush with very large thorns for postage

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

cassiegerald

I am looking for an evergreen bush that has thick limbs on it and grows very large thorns 2-4 inches long all over the bush,,,in fact the bush is covered with them,,and it is a very pretty bush in the winter time but dont know what it looks like in the spring and summer,, to be thorn covered,,,if you have this bush and would share cuttings of it for postage or if you know the name of it so that I could look for it ,,I would appreciate it so very much,,,thank you for your time and kindness,,take care God bless you and your loved ones,,Cassie:D

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
...or Sea Buckthorn - Hippophae! <----makes a wonderfully thorny hedge and has small edible fruit!

Last edited:

Kya D

You might check out Russian Olive which can be a tree or large bush. They are terrible here where they spread everywhere

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flowering Quince!
I like the Chinese species best! CHAENOMELES cathayensis and CHAENOMELES speciosa
You will get more for your buck, long thorns, large blooms, and fruit you can use to make marmalade!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep forgetting CARAGANA. Easy and carfree with some nice nasty thorns to keep bad neighbors off the property!
Various species to fit any use!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking for an evergreen bush that has thick limbs on it and grows very large thorns 2-4 inches long all over the bush,,,in fact the bush is covered with them,,and it is a very pretty bush in the winter time but dont know what it looks like in the spring and summer,, to be thorn covered,,,if you have this bush and would share cuttings of it for postage or if you know the name of it so that I could look for it ,,I would appreciate it so very much,,,thank you for your time and kindness,,take care God bless you and your loved ones,,Cassie:D

just a little joke here , but I don't think the mailman would appreciate you using a bush with thorns for postage.
Sorry I just couldn't resist! LOL :rolleyes:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com