Lotus seed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I have started 2 lotus seed (Mrs Perry) and hopefully I can get them to live. I will gladly accept any advice anyone can give me. Anyone on here raise lotuses.

Attachments

• Copy of Lotus_ 3-11-10_ first week #2.jpg
    Copy of Lotus_ 3-11-10_ first week #2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 356
I've tried this Maggie, following info I found by googling. File the seed with a nail file till you see a speck of the white insides. I used a dremal tool..as the hull was quite hard to break through. Put the seeds into a jar water, sit in a warm place and wait for spouts to grow. Here's a good site with large pics and instructions. I love the beautiful blooms of the Lotus. Good luck with yours.

http://www.faculty.sbc.edu/simpson/Lotus/germination.htm

This is a very interesting post. Myself I never gave it a thought that they produced seeds, or even looked for them. You can bet that this year I will look for them. I hope you keep us updated, and thanks for the posting.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back