Made Headway today

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Yeah I finally got 20 bottles of beets pickled and got our corn in the freezer.
Now just waiting for the tomatoes to ripen

Last edited:

Jade

I was a slacker this year, did salsa and spaghetti sauce, that is it. I do most of my canning and freezing in late august and sept, but I wasn't home. Now it is cooling down in PA, so don't know what I will get done yet this year.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't done anything yet either although I have all my berries in the freezer. I won't make as much salsa this year as we still have plenty on hand of Fiona's mild salsa. I'll have to do a batch of medium for David. I see he has one quart left out of the 14 that I made for him last year.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't do much due to low crop production. I do however think my sweet potatoes will produce record amounts. Dawn that's great you are just a dynamo!

Spider_Lily

My garden did'nt do well this year.I put up 24 quart of peas,4 bag's squash,12 pint's of corn,8 pint's of okra.That's about it most time's we have plenty to share with neighbor's.Just to dry this summer.

Jade

I did manage to get us all of the salsa, tomato sauce and corn frozen or canned that we need for this next year, but compared to last year I didn't do much. With hubby travelling so much we don't use stuff much unless we have company. I did miss doing it though. I still would like to make some peach habanero jam if I can still get peaches when we get home.

gonepostal

Well--right now I have a pot of Bread & Butter pickles going on the stove and a roaster full of spaghetti sauce simmering in the oven. So far all I've done is 9 pts. spaghetti sauce, 1 batch mild salsa, about 2 cases garlic & onion pickles, 2 cases cold mustard pickles,about 10 qts. stewed tomatoes and about 5 cases zucchini selish. That is--besides my jams & jellies. Way low this year and not nearly as much variety---but I'm getting too old!! LOL I'm slowing down!
Still have a lot more I'd like to get done--but we'll see!LOL:)
Oh ya--also froze a few bags of corn and some shredded zucchini.

Last edited:

Scarez

Good lucky Kya!

I haven't done any canning in two years but find it unusual that I actually miss it! lol

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com