Making an area presentable.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have had a lot of trouble getting this area of the yard kept up since we moved in a couple of years ago. So this weekend we removed the grass and weeds and rocked in the area. What do you think. This is the north side of the house I've been planning on doing for at least a year.

Attachments

• P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 355
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 334
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 355

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that is a fence and house. 3'5" in width. I like the idea of not having to go in there this summer. I put a soaker hose under the mulch so I can water the plants. I'm sure they will get big by summertime.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks Annette. I'm sure they will work but I have elephant ears, cannas, ferns, a bleeding heart, clementis and some caladiums. I'm about through planting that area for a while. I do have several hostas on the other side of the yard in a nice shady spot. They are too nice to stick back in there. You can only see things from the deck.

Bernie

It looks great! I hope you'll post another pic later when it's all grown and blooming, should be pretty.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be happy if it is just presentable. It has always been a mess back there.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com