Mint

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Any tips on how to keep indoor mint alive year round? I tried growing chocolate mint in a trough-style planter (about 5-6" deep, and about 10-13" long) but it only lasted about 4 months. Not sure what I did wrong. I watered it regularly (not waterlogging it), and placed it in a window that got bright morning sun (from about 7 to 11). I want to try it again, so anything you can tell me would be appreciated.
Thank you! MG

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes the problem is that the roots have no place to go in these small pots. I have my mint in a 14" planter setting on the deck. It dies down every winter but comes back full force every spring so don't be afraid to put it outside.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com