Monday, February 23rd is National Banana Bread Day

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to our virtual Garden Club. Join the discussion in our growing community.

Register for your free membership today!

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
In honor of Feb 23rd being National Banana Bread Day I will post my favorite banana bread recipe in the recipe forum.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh..great! Does it have nuts in it too Dale?? I like those big banana nut bread muffins and a good cup of coffee. I've never made banana bread but I would like to try it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted the recipe in the recipe section. Yes I do make in in the muffin tins and use the paper liner cups. I spray the paper to make the muffin come out easy. Gloria I hardly ever bake that I don't use nuts. This recipe is super moist as it has sour cream in it. I use the bananas when the peeling turns black. I freeze the bananas waiting on enough to make a batch. Usually I double the batch and freeze most of it.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking about taking the day off myself, Bob. Although my wife indicated she would like me to go shopping with her to Value Village. It's like a Goodwill store and on Mondays, senior citizens get 40% off their purchases.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy that is my kind of a store 40% off. Wish we had a Value Village.

Scarez

That's probably why the one here in southern Oregon closed down. Dratz, just when I was getting CLOSE (ahem) to the age of discounts!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com