Monitor The Garden With A Home Weather Station – From Anywhere!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

A

Amy Grant

There are two things my dad likes to do, putter in his garden and watch the weather channel. Actually, not just the weather station but he also closely monitors the weather app on his phone and the local Doppler radar (we don’t call him Mr. Doppler for nothing), so he knows when he can go outside to putter naturally.

With a big 70th birthday just around the corner, I was scrambling to find a suitable gift. I was visiting him and as per usual, we were watching the weather channel. Yep! Suddenly it dawned on me. I could get him an in-home weather station.

Having no idea where to start, I went to the internet to do some research on my options for weather stations. Almost immediately I came across AcuRite. Their website said they’ve been in business since 1943; that’ll please my dad who doesn’t think any company started after 1950 is worth its salt. Already a plus! This family-owned business specializes in a variety of weather-relate products – perfect for enthusiasts like my dad.

I started to look at their weather stations and the one that caught my eye had a display that was easy to read and could be viewed on either the color display or remotely on a Smartphone, tablet or computer. Eureka! This is the one, especially since the third thing dad likes to do is haunt his tablet and/or phone. AcuRite also has a free app that allows you to monitor the sensor data remotely, which means he can be anywhere and see exactly what conditions are outside in the garden.

The AcuRite PRO+ 5-in-1 Weather Station measures not only the temperature but rainfall, wind speed, wind direction, and barometric pressure all remotely from anywhere! Plus, it offers alerts, historical records and trends along with up-to-the-minute updates. This just might put dad’s old barometer in the den to shame.

Whether you’re an avid gardener wanting to keep up with what’s going on outside to better protect your plants or you (or a loved one) lives and breathes the weather, this is a great way to easily check and monitor conditions before even getting out of bed in the morning. Is it muck boot day or should you be wearing shorts? Is it time to start winterizing those delicate plants or a good day to be raking the lawn? And, with a quick look at the app, you’ll even know if it’s snowed 6 inches – making it a better day for snuggling back into bed.

The post Monitor The Garden With A Home Weather Station – From Anywhere! appeared first on Gardening Know How's Blog.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back