Moss in my lawn.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mikiejack

Hello.
When I got my new house, the lawn was not in great condition. I got a weed and feed solution, which actually made one area of the lawn bald, because it was all weeds.

Now I am left with some nice lawn, some bald lawn which I have re-seeded, and some moss sections. My question is about the best way to kill/remove the moss.

Many thanks.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moss loves damp shaded areas and also require acidic soil conditions!
Remove the moss and use lime to raise the ph of the soil!

mikiejack

My garden gets lots of sunshine, but thinking about it, where the moss is growing is in the bits shaded by trees. Will try the lime, thanks.

samuelbeckett

Luckily, grass doesn't grow out of itself. It needs other grass to spread, or you can plant grass seeds, which you can buy from the Dryad, whcih you can get by.

My front lawn is full of moss, we have put two lots of moss killer on i spent hours making it out but it doesn't seem much better, there is still so much moss in it and now it even looks patchy.
Any tips? Should i put more moss killer on? Put some feed on the lawn? put lawn seed on?
Any help and advice would be great
Artificial grass Coventry

Last edited:

samuelbeckett

If you've been raking the moss away and applying moss killer when you are more than half way there. You just need to add the constant aeration of the lawn with a fork and consider whether its worth buying/hiring a really good scarifier.
They enjoy excellence in artificial grass installation at a competent budget.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com