Mt. Pickles

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Fibber Magee & Mollie, weren't they the ones with the closet that it was dangerous to open?

That's them. They opened the closet in the movie too. The name of the movie was "Heavenly Days" and that was an expression that Mollie used all the time in the radio program. They had characters that would show up at their house and the show was built around the cast of characters. One of the characters was a little girl and Fibber just called her "Sis". I found out in the movie last night who Sis was. Mollie did the voice of Sis. She sang a song to a bunch of children in the movie and the used the voice of Sis to sing to the kids. It was amazing. I never dreamed it was her voice. They attempted to make the change into television when it came along, but it didn't work out well for them as Mollie was ailing and couldn't handle being on her feet. I think they attempted to use a substitute for Mollie, but it just didn't click. The young man that became the sidekick of Andy Griffith was the same way. The shows were humorous, but he was no Barney.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back