Mt. Pickles

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curbie here is the thread for you. go for it and Ron you jump in there with Randy too.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just read where it was changed to Mt. Pickles. I know there is a twin peck that is Mt. Tomato. how is that?

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mt. Olive? Wasn't that the next town over from Mayberry on the Andy Griffith Show?

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
there aren't too many shows that are as good as that was. It had clear cut black and white, good and bad on it and Andy never was the bad cop.
Now you never know who are worse the cops or the bad guys. It gives kids a twisted sense of good and bad.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weren't her pickles the worst pickles ever?

Pretty close! I can see that episode in my mind and the look of consternation on Andy's face. He didn't want to hurt Aunt Bea's feelings, but he couldn't stand to eat the pickles.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember that too Randy. Andy never wanted to hurt someones feelings. He was the good guy. Barney was just a little confused and awkward.lol

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
The combination of the two made a great show. It was never the same after Barney left. I liked the next effort by Andy Griffith in that lawyer series, but I don't think anything can ever top "The Andy Griffith Show".

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
We don't celebrate good any longer. Almost every show on tv now shows cops doing illegal things, lawyers breaking and entering, doctors making mistakes and covering them up. Don't get me wrong the world is certainly full of these people but we never celebrate goodness. We never show children how things are supposed to be.
Maybe things are good and right on Mt. Pickle? The good guy in the white hat is the winner. Would Roy Rogers do what they do on tv now? Oh well that was a good time to grow up before all of this chaos began.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's true. There are few Hollywood people, if any, that I can respect. I prefer to be ignorant of their personal lives so I can at least enjoy a movie if there ever is a good one. We have come to rely on TCM for good movies and watched one last evening with Fibber Magee & Mollie. It was really a good one, but a younger audience would find it corny. But I like corn.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com