Mulch?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

They are good people there. I gave some of them pepper plants in the spring, but I never did hear from any of them to see if the got them planted or had peppers. They really liked the Anchos, but I do too. They are a nice thick meated sweet pepper. I thought that I would use some and make chili rellenos, but I used most of them in salsa.

I got some of the mulch I need but we had warm weather early and the ground thawed too much for chip trucks to get in without getting stuck. I'm hoping to get started next week, if I can get the %^$^%#@ tractor to start.

Attachments

• chips-2.jpg
    chips-2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 293
You can use straw, pine straw, leaves, grass clippings. Newspaper, or shops. I put down the newspaper, and I kind of came out, and then cover the paper with the weed, and then cover the wood shavings or leaves, or pine bark mulch. I pulled out the weed paper end of the season, until what is left in some fertilizer.

I use mainly sugarcane mulch, spoilt hay or lucerne. The latter being very cheap as the distributors are glad to be rid of it. It all breaks down very fast and can be incorporated into the beds when the crops are finished.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back